PDA

View Full Version : Best XBOX game

Steve H
13-09-2003, 09:15
Alright guys,

Seeing as im on the verge of getting an XBOX, Whats the best game to get at the moment? (That most of you play live)

And also, If I ring for a Live Subscirption.. (I assume credit card is the only way?), Can I get on instantly?

XiceWolf
13-09-2003, 09:39
Ghost recon island thunder seems to be a fans favourite at the moment but rtcw is such a good game i reckon you should try and get both 2nd hand if you can as so many people play each game. And providing your connection is sorted you should get on instantly.

Steve H
13-09-2003, 09:44
Ok, Il try to get both.. Coupla games I can trade in as well... My mate reckons he's seen something along thelines of them XBOX subsciptions in GAME, around our local area? Could he be right?

My PS2 Is already running online, So Presume XBOX'l be sorted as well :p

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 09:55
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Alright guys,

Seeing as im on the verge of getting an XBOX, Whats the best game to get at the moment? (That most of you play live)

And also, If I ring for a Live Subscirption.. (I assume credit card is the only way?), Can I get on instantly?

Buy a LiVE enabled game and xbox LiVE kit from GAME you get the xbox LiVE kit half price! No need to ring for a LiVE subscription everything is included in the box (except the credit card! LOL). I think this offer is still on. If you do go to GAME for an Xbox, games and LiVE Kit make sure you ask them what kind of deal they can do for you - they are really good with discounts/extra's. Ask nicely!;)

Most people play Return To Castle Wolfenstein and Ghost Recon Island Thunder. Another great game is MotoGP 2. It all depends on what type of video game you like really. Don't forget there are plenty of other great games out there that are not fully LiVE enabled but offer downloadable content such as Knights Of The Old Republic (A must have in my oppinion)

:)

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:01
ahh, I see.. That'd be best since I dont have a credit card :erm:

I was looking at £100 for JUST an XBOX and 1 Controller.. Obviousley then im after a Subsciption & a Game. I think ive got a Game Card somewhere :)

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:05
ahh, I see.. That'd be best since I dont have a credit card :erm:

I was looking at £100 for JUST an XBOX and 1 Controller.. Obviousley then im after a Subsciption & a Game. I think ive got a Game Card somewhere :)

You will need a Credit Card !!!!! You need to put the details of your card into the xbox set up menu when setting up LiVE. I believe though that some VISA Debit Cards also work if you have not got a Credit Card.

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:09
So them sucbscirption cards arent out yet? :(

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:13
So them sucbscirption cards arent out yet? :(

Not yet. You could ask a family member or friend for the use of there Credit Card to set up the xbox. They won't be charged anything until you're subscription comes up for renewal after 12 months by then the scratch card payment method should be out and you could then use that.;)

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:23
Just to recap :- The Xbox LiVE starter kit from GAME contains all you need including a 12 month subscription to xbox LiVE but you WILL NEED a credit card to set up your LiVE account. M$ are looking into the possibility of using a 'scratch card payment' method for LiVE accounts but this method won't be out until March 2004 (possibly).:)

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:23
Ahh, I see.. Well im going up to get one then (hopefully)..

So, If they put there details in.. (For the 12/mo Subscription), They dont get charged for it, for a year?

ahhh, Ive got it.. If I dont get the Live enabled kit.. Then It comes outta the acct. Sorted ;)

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:25
Ahh, I see.. Well im going up to get one then (hopefully)..

So, If they put there details in.. (For the 12/mo Subscription), They dont get charged for it, for a year?

Yes that's right - see my post above your last one.;)

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:25
See my edit ;):D

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:28
ahhh, Ive got it.. If I dont get the Live enabled kit.. Then It comes outta the acct. Sorted

Don't understand what you mean....?

:confused:

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:30
If I dont buy the Live Enabled Kit from Game.. Then when I stick the Credit card details - The Cost comes out of the Bank? (After you stick the credit card details in?)

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:34
No - you need a LiVE kit from GAME. It contains a subscription for 12 months of LiVE, a headset and demo disc.

You also need a credit card to 'register your LiVE account' when setting up your Xbox.

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:36
Oh ok, There's goes my chances of robbing £40 off my mum... lol

Anyway, Il go get one.. if they're crap, I know who to come after ;)

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:39
Oh ok, There's goes my chances of robbing £40 off my mum... lol

Anyway, Il go get one.. if they're crap, I know who to come after ;)

:D LOL - if you need any help setting up your xbox/broadband connection come back here for help and ask someone else!! LOL:D

Steve H
13-09-2003, 10:40
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
:D LOL - if you need any help setting up your xbox/broadband connection come back here for help and ask someone else!! LOL:D

:D Thanks for the help anyway, I better go before my PS2 Starts crying :erm::p

NEONKNIGHT
13-09-2003, 10:41
:D Thanks for the help anyway, I better go before my PS2 Starts crying :erm::p

Trade in your PS2 while your at GAME towards the cost of an Xbox/games/live kit :devsmoke:

Caspar
13-09-2003, 10:53
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Trade in your PS2 while your at GAME towards the cost of an Xbox/games/live kit :devsmoke:

LOL - nice NK :)

Inaddtion to Game's 1/2 XBL starter kit when you buy a game...Game are also doing the console and KOTOR for £129.99 - by the snds of it this one seems like a good package.

Bear in mind though, the XBOX console 'may' get it's priced reduced in a few weeks...to £99 :)

Mark15
13-09-2003, 11:09
What you should do is trade in your Ps2 (£75) and games (from £6-£25) By an Xbox, LiVE kit, RTCW,GRIT, KOTOR, and Shenmue 2 (for the days when you don't want to go on live or it don't work). This should come to about £200+ then set up live. Play RTCW first to show the power of Live then GRIT to show a good game but also hard (you will need skill). Add us to the friends list (you know you want to) Then lugh at the thought of you liking the Ps2 then Scream XBOX! on top of the roof. This will make you a real man! :D

Steve H
13-09-2003, 13:03
Ive already seen a XBOX before, but alongside a PS2, The PS2 Is damn sexy! :D

Got a pretty good deal actually, Ive got...

XBOX & Controller, Live KIT, RTCW, Ghost Recon Island Thunder for, wait for it... £145 :D

Pricing it up in the shop, I got £190.. But he did a deal, whereas The Xbox was £110, Live £20 (Half Price), RTCW Free (First game comes free when you buy a console), And Ghost Recon, £20, With £5 knocked off cos of my game card... Oh, Ive also made nearly £30 in Game Vouchers now :D

So, im off to set this up.

Jarandco
13-09-2003, 13:40

XBOX & Controller, Live KIT, RTCW, Ghost Recon Island Thunder for, wait for it... £145 :D

Pricing it up in the shop, I got £190.. But he did a deal, whereas The Xbox was £110, Live £20 (Half Price), RTCW Free (First game comes free when you buy a console), And Ghost Recon, £20, With £5 knocked off cos of my game card... Oh, Ive also made nearly £30 in Game Vouchers now :D

So, im off to set this up. But No KOTOR!:eek:

Oh well good choice for the getting the XBOX (at last!:p )

I am sure ull love it - LIVE should help just a little bit aswell!:D

Reddevil63
13-09-2003, 14:11
Alright guys,

So you have succumb to the power of the mighty Xbox.....nice one!!:)

There is plenty of good games out but I would go for GR-IT if you are gonna have Live, KOTOR, Burnout 2 is brilliant also.
If you love racing games then a copy of MotoGP2.

ic14
13-09-2003, 14:53

Ill see you online sometime then!

Steve H
13-09-2003, 14:58
Just sorted it, Had to wait for someone with a card to get home.. lol.

Added most of you to Friends List....

Defiant
13-09-2003, 14:59
Didn't think much of Ghost Recon Island Thunder. Futurama was okay and written by the script writters so funny too but the best one at the mo has to be KOTOR. Just started playing it again from the beginning :)

zoombini
13-09-2003, 17:05
Have you got your gamertag now then?

ic14
13-09-2003, 17:09
Last post, in the gamertag thread at the top. :)

manowar68
13-09-2003, 17:17

Good deal you got there and welcome to xbox live;)

XiceWolf
13-09-2003, 17:35
Originally posted by Defiant
Didn't think much of Ghost Recon Island Thunder. Futurama was okay and written by the script writters so funny too but the best one at the mo has to be KOTOR. Just started playing it again from the beginning :)

Oh my god youve completed it ? Is it just me that gets lost in this game ? I like to talk to every single person and be as evil as possible :D I threatend to grass a doctor up to the sith :rofl: How far into the game before i get a lightsaber ? I need to find an accelerator for the hidden beks i think just now.

NEONKNIGHT
14-09-2003, 10:24

That's a great deal you got there M8 - nice one !:)