PDA

View Full Version : Freecycle

Kliro
27-03-2005, 23:47
Hey guys, I just found out about this;

its where people post stuff they dont want/need anymore, and people who want it go and pick it up, they are pretty local groups, like I joined the manchester one.

Just scroll down to the UK section, if there isnt one in your area you can apply for one.

Apparently people have picked up some pretty alright stuff on there, but remember it can only keep going if people give aswell as take.

http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=International

zoombini
28-03-2005, 01:01
There is one in Hyndburn which seems local enough.

jrhnewark
28-03-2005, 06:55
It's pretty cool, as long as you have transport to pick things up. :(

I've seen a couple of things I'd have loved. :)

zoombini
28-03-2005, 12:47
It's a pity that you cannot see any of the posts till you become a member.

zoombini
18-06-2006, 19:54
Freecycle is doing great in Lancashire, there are new groups appearing every week.

Jeremy vine recently did an interview on Radio 2 which prompted thousands more to join.

As well as having a good clear out, amongst other items I have received the following, 2 Music systems, 100m 2.5mm twin & earth, a PC and Caravan (yes a caravan).

I have seen Cars, conservatories, dish washers/washing machines and almost any other appliance been given away.

Helping to save it all from landfill (which is the main aim).

Go on, clear out your unused stuff, empty those old purchases from the back of the cupboard &get rid of them, join it and make someone happy & your house clearer while saving it all from going into the ground.

Kliro
18-06-2006, 21:52
Some really good stuff goes on there, I've seen full fish-tank setups worth about 500 quid, caravans, powerbooks.

Obviously its not always like that, I've seen people offer single coat hangers, and card-board boxes.