PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Package Update ?

Defiant
12-09-2003, 19:54
Sent an e-mail to NTL complaining that I had to cancel the TV package as that was the only way I could get rid of their phoneline. They were forcing me in effect. Anyway just had a reply from them which must mean you can have the TV package on its own now after all.

Thank you for your comments. Ntl provide telephone, television and internet services and each customer has the right to chose what service they require. Although we encourage customers to have our telephone line we do not force anyone to have the service therefore you are quite within your right to have any of our services without a telephone line. I hope I have been able to clarify the situation.

andygrif
12-09-2003, 21:07
You can, but is it still the case that the TV package includes the line rental for phone even if you don't want it?

Defiant
12-09-2003, 21:13
No thats not the reply I got back from them. It was this "you are quite within your right to have any of our services without a telephone line"

I dont wont their phoneline they know what they can do with it. :D

I dont pay for anything I dont use

Tristan
12-09-2003, 21:50
Okay, to put it another way: you can have the phone line cancelled, but your TV package won't be any cheaper!

Defiant
12-09-2003, 21:55
Originally posted by Tristan
Okay, to put it another way: you can have the phone line cancelled, but your TV package won't be any cheaper!

So what they said is complete bull then and your still paying for something you dont wont is what your saying

hawkmoon
13-09-2003, 00:17
Originally posted by Defiant
So what they said is complete bull then and your still paying for something you dont wont is what your saying

What Tristan is saying is that the phoneline included with the TV package is not charged for - hence the fact that it won't be any cheaper without it.

Defiant
13-09-2003, 01:30
Originally posted by hawkmoon
What Tristan is saying is that the phoneline included with the TV package is not charged for - hence the fact that it won't be any cheaper without it.

No your right its included which is why it costs more than Sky but like I said I dont wont their phoneline they can shove it were the sun dont shine

Stephen Robb
13-09-2003, 03:18
Originally posted by Defiant
No your right its included which is why it costs more than Sky but like I said I dont wont their phoneline they can shove it were the sun dont shine

Don't see much point in paying for a line rental when it's included in the package. A mate of mine said he was going to have Sky cause it was cheaper only £38. I said what about the phone. Oh I'm keeping ntl:'s. Oh said I so that's going to cost you £48 then, don't forget you will have to pay line rental for the phone. He's gone away for a quiet rethink!

Shaun
13-09-2003, 07:35
Originally posted by Stephen Robb
Don't see much point in paying for a line rental when it's included in the package. A mate of mine said he was going to have Sky cause it was cheaper only £38. I said what about the phone. Oh I'm keeping ntl:'s. Oh said I so that's going to cost you £48 then, don't forget you will have to pay line rental for the phone. He's gone away for a quiet rethink!

Still a bit of a con to include it 'FREE', 'cos theres no such thing as a free lunch!:rolleyes:

Colin
13-09-2003, 09:44
Originally posted by dellwear
Still a bit of a con to include it 'FREE', 'cos theres no such thing as a free lunch!:rolleyes:

Its not free, the digital base is £8.50 + £9.50 for telephone line = £18. They used to say it was free, but no longer.

What they used to say was that they would not charge you the whole digital base if you COULD NOT get a telephone line. But if it is a case of WILL NOT get it then they would charge you the whole package :shrug:

etccarmageddon
13-09-2003, 09:53
Thank you for your comments. Ntl provide telephone, television and internet services and each customer has the right to chose what service they require. Although we encourage customers to have our telephone line we do not force anyone to have the service therefore you are quite within your right to have any of our services without a telephone line. I hope I have been able to clarify the situation.

I think defiant needs to email them back...

Dear Sir,

As you have agreed that I do not need to have the phone service in order to have your Television service please could you confirm that the price I now pay for my TV package will be reduced by the cost of phone line rental (£9.50) .

thank you

yours sincerely

Stephen Robb
13-09-2003, 14:03
Originally posted by etccarmageddon

Dear Sir,

As you have agreed that I do not need to have the phone service in order to have your Television service please could you confirm that the price I now pay for my TV package will be reduced by the cost of phone line rental (£9.50) .

thank you

yours sincerely

I really do not see that happening some how!! :D :D :D

Defiant
13-09-2003, 14:25

Dear Sir,

thank you

yours sincerely

They have already got a reply ;)

etccarmageddon
15-09-2003, 11:34
read this!!!

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=54129#post54129

it allows me to order TV without phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

update.... it's a con - when you check out, it adds the phone service! lmao!

Shaun
15-09-2003, 11:47
it's a con

You sound surprised, does that not sum Ntl up from start to finish ;)

etccarmageddon
15-09-2003, 12:14
it should be more customer friendly and more transparent - ie. you get a £5 discount if you take more than 1 service from them.

SMHarman
15-09-2003, 12:44
I got a mailing from them this weekend reminding me I have a phone line (that has no call charges so is not used) and if I ditch BT and move to ntl then I will save 9.50 a month.

Also says if I port my number I will be credited £20.

Interesting offer, but BT won't let me port all three of my Home Highway numbers!