PDA

View Full Version : CO-OP Compost has more body

iadom
25-03-2005, 19:46
Whilst I was out working all day today, ( money grabbing, slave driver of a boss ) ;) . My wife decided to do some gardening.

I came home and sat down to read the paper when I heard a piercing scream from the back garden. The missus ran in shaking and I thought she said something about a dog that was in the large tub she was planting. I went out and found this little fella, she had scooped out a handful of compost from a freshly opened bag and he moved as she did it.:D

The CO-OP multi purpose compost was sourced and packed in the UK so he must be indigenous. I don't know how long he was in the bag but would supect that he had gone into a state of hibernation. I put it in a large planter that had filled with rainwater and after about ten minutes he was hopping around as good as you like. I placed him at the bottom of the garden and he went on his merry way.

Halcyon
25-03-2005, 20:15
Those 'things' are awful.
I'm all for nature and wildlife and all that, but not near me thanks.
Our next door neighbours have a pond and its about now that they start waking up and coming over.
Anyway, if any of you have seen that film where they get invaded by wasps, well we get all the frogs and toads.
So just when you want to go out and do a bit of gardening or lay out in the grass as the days are getting better, you turn round and see a big toad about to leap on to you.
Nice !!!
Ewww.

Tuftus
25-03-2005, 20:21
LOL Good for you!!!

Hope the fellas ok!

john smiffy
25-03-2005, 20:32
Whilst I was out working all day today, ( money grabbing, slave driver of a boss ) ;) . My wife decided to do some gardening.

I came home and sat down to read the paper when I heard a piercing scream from the back garden. The missus ran in shaking and I thought she said something about a dog that was in the large tub she was planting. I went out and found this little fella, she had scooped out a handful of compost from a freshly opened bag and he moved as she did it.:D

The CO-OP multi purpose compost was sourced and packed in the UK so he must be indigenous. I don't know how long he was in the bag but would supect that he had gone into a state of hibernation. I put it in a large planter that had filled with rainwater and after about ten minutes he was hopping around as good as you like. I placed him at the bottom of the garden and he went on his merry way.

at least he was lucky he never croaked it

iadom
25-03-2005, 20:44
at least he was lucky he never croaked it

I sincerely hope that Nugget doesn't see that, he would hop into the thread and be a tad polemic with his reply.;)

john smiffy
25-03-2005, 20:50
i suppose he would be rivit rivit rivited to the spot

paulyoung666
25-03-2005, 20:57
aint it amazing how quickly a thread degenerates these days :disturbd: , anyway i am glad the frog didnt croak :erm: , oh hell i am at it now :Yikes: :D :D :D

BBKing
25-03-2005, 21:05
I don't think the original poster thought that this level of debate would be spawned.

iadom
25-03-2005, 21:05
aint it amazing how quickly a thread degenerates these days :disturbd: , anyway i am glad the frog didnt croak :erm: , oh hell i am at it now :Yikes: :D :D :D
I know, all these puns make me want to Kermit suicide.:p:

Halcyon
25-03-2005, 21:51
I think this thread may be in the wrong pond. Maybe it should go to humour.
OK, I better leave this thread before I froget what I'm meant to be doing.