PDA

View Full Version : Arrested by Police

Escapee
23-03-2005, 19:49
No not me yet! I bet there are a few dissapointed to hear that though. ;)

I have mentioned in a few threads before about problems my parents have had with the neighbours, mainly the druggies who have moved into the once nice are after large houses have been converted into flats.

Anyway, my father has a car in his garage and a hardstanding by the side. He had his car parked on the road across his own hardstanding last night because my car was on the hardstanding. He went out to the car this morning and found a very large scratch on the road side of the car, due to loads of problems he has a CCTV camera that has already help convict two people for damage. He called the police and viewed the cctv tape to look for evidence, it was soon easy to conclude who had done the damage.

One of the neighbours from further down the road shouted down to the house, and my father went down the garden to the road to speak to him. As he did the next door neighbour (Liberal type) came up to the front of his house, he was listening to my father tell the other neighbour about the damage. My father turned around to him and said "It's OK the Police are o their way, and we have a good view of you carrying out the damage" the neighbour denied it, but got very heated and came out onto the road.

My father is about 56 with a bad back, the neighbour is about 43, about 2-3 stone heavier and a Black belt! The neighbour rushed forward and attempted to grab my father....when......BANG..... My father stopped him dead in his tracks with a good right hand, another neighbour who had witnessed the even came over to break things up, although the younger fitter neighbour was a little worse for wear, and in no position to offer any offence at this stage.

My father went quietly back in the house, and there was eventually a knock on the door. The police had arrived to arrest my father, there was three of them because the neighbour had claimed he was violent. My father invited them in and showed them the tape of the neighbour commiting the damage, to his amazement they were very interested and even asked for him to turn up the sound, so they could actually hear the scarping noise as he scratched the car. My father then showed them the tape that was currently running, with the neighbour attempting to grab him, and him landing a lovely straight short right hand through the middle.

The police then went next door and arrested the neighbour, and took him to the station. :tu:

My parents did a lot for this next door neighbour before the druggies moved into the area, they then argued with my parents and their excuse was "We are not going to argue with these drug users and dealers, cos we have a daughter" They even keep in with the drug users/dealers by having them around their house, there is another guy opposite who is exactly the same.

I got a call when I came in from work, because my mother was all worked up and worried again because the neighbours son had turned up. I went up to have a go at antagonising him a bit, but to no avail. :D

The whole reason that he damaged the car? He came home and one of the druggies was parked half across his driveway, he had nowhere to park, was too gutless to ask them to move, so took it out on my fathers car that wasn't even parked in forn of his house. He did exactly the same before when he rammed someones car who was visiting my parents, again the car was in front of my parents and not his house.

As I said, my car was on my fathers hardstanding last night. I really wish he had touched my car. :mad:

Chimaera
23-03-2005, 19:53
I'm glad they didn't touch your car, Escapee - you might be in custody now!
Hope all goes well for you now and the trouble stops - although from what you say, it doesn't seem likely!

Earl of Bronze
23-03-2005, 19:58
No not me yet! I bet there are a few dissapointed to hear that though. ;)

I have mentioned in a few threads before about problems my parents have had with the neighbours, mainly the druggies who have moved into the once nice are after large houses have been converted into flats.

Anyway, my father has a car in his garage and a hardstanding by the side. He had his car parked on the road across his own hardstanding last night because my car was on the hardstanding. He went out to the car this morning and found a very large scratch on the road side of the car, due to loads of problems he has a CCTV camera that has already help convict two people for damage. He called the police and viewed the cctv tape to look for evidence, it was soon easy to conclude who had done the damage.

One of the neighbours from further down the road shouted down to the house, and my father went down the garden to the road to speak to him. As he did the next door neighbour (Liberal type) came up to the front of his house, he was listening to my father tell the other neighbour about the damage. My father turned around to him and said "It's OK the Police are o their way, and we have a good view of you carrying out the damage" the neighbour denied it, but got very heated and came out onto the road.

My father is about 56 with a bad back, the neighbour is about 43, about 2-3 stone heavier and a Black belt! The neighbour rushed forward and attempted to grab my father....when......BANG..... My father stopped him dead in his tracks with a good right hand, another neighbour who had witnessed the even came over to break things up, although the younger fitter neighbour was a little worse for wear, and in no position to offer any offence at this stage.

My father went quietly back in the house, and there was eventually a knock on the door. The police had arrived to arrest my father, there was three of them because the neighbour had claimed he was violent. My father invited them in and showed them the tape of the neighbour commiting the damage, to his amazement they were very interested and even asked for him to turn up the sound, so they could actually hear the scarping noise as he scratched the car. My father then showed them the tape that was currently running, with the neighbour attempting to grab him, and him landing a lovely straight short right hand through the middle.

The police then went next door and arrested the neighbour, and took him to the station. :tu:

My parents did a lot for this next door neighbour before the druggies moved into the area, they then argued with my parents and their excuse was "We are not going to argue with these drug users and dealers, cos we have a daughter" They even keep in with the drug users/dealers by having them around their house, there is another guy opposite who is exactly the same.

I got a call when I came in from work, because my mother was all worked up and worried again because the neighbours son had turned up. I went up to have a go at antagonising him a bit, but to no avail. :D

The whole reason that he damaged the car? He came home and one of the druggies was parked half across his driveway, he had nowhere to park, was too gutless to ask them to move, so took it out on my fathers car that wasn't even parked in forn of his house. He did exactly the same before when he rammed someones car who was visiting my parents, again the car was in front of my parents and not his house.

As I said, my car was on my fathers hardstanding last night. I really wish he had touched my car. :mad:

Well done to your dad for taking a stand against a gutless p***k of a neighbour. I hope you take him out for a pint after his sterling performance. :D

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 20:01
Good for your dad!!!!!! Its about time everyone made a stand against these yobs!!!!

Escapee
23-03-2005, 20:03
I'm glad they didn't touch your car, Escapee - you might be in custody now!
Hope all goes well for you now and the trouble stops - although from what you say, it doesn't seem likely!

I probably would be, I dont think my parents tell me half of whats going on there, and I certainly wouldn't put up with it myself.

The one neighbour put a story on a local website, about the trouble he had from my parents. He claimed my parents had damaged his car and thrown bottles and stones at his house!

Funny how it was the other way around, and the webmaster removed the story after I asked him to go and find out the facts and think if he should leave the posts on there. He apologised and said he had found out from a friend in that street exactly what was going on.

Some of the residents are very scared to stand up for themselves, it makes it such a laugh when the local community councillors who happens to be nieghbourhood watch co-ordinator, has a grandson causing loads of damage to cars and property in the area!

There was a big story this week in the local paper about teenagers running riot, causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to cars and property on the weekend, I wonder if the neighbour was hoping the police would just go and put my fathers car damage down to the teenagers!

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 20:07
Isnt it funny, how the bad ones always seem to make themsleves look like little angels!!!!! We are getting an ASBO served on our neighour as he is a bloody pain, he has swore at my kids, threatened them [they were only 5&6 at the time] attacked me, attacked Paul. he is a benefit fraudster , a lair and a cheat and even the police want him to get this ASBO as they are sick of him, so you are not alone my mate!!!

punky
23-03-2005, 20:12
Good to hear common sense prevailed. Reading that story, I had this horrible feeling that your old man was going to get banged up and the vadalism forgotten - Thank God it didn't, and thank God for the camera.

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 20:21
Some police authorities will not recognise CCTV as the evidence can be tampered with so you are really lucky!!!!!! buy your dad a stiff drink he is going to need it, it might not be over yet so be prepared for more touble as this is what we often get after the police go next door!! So just a warning!!

Escapee
23-03-2005, 20:24
Good to hear common sense prevailed. Reading that story, I had this horrible feeling that your old man was going to get banged up and the vadalism forgotten - Thank God it didn't, and thank God for the camera.

He did get into trouble a few years ago, one of the neighbours came down the garden "High as a kite on drugs" and picked up the patio table, and threw it through my parents bay window.

My father went across and smashed his front door of its hinges with a very large axe !!!!

I have rushed up there many times when theres been trouble, and on one occassion one of them run up his garden path into his house. He came out with a lump of timber, I invited him to come down his garden to the road and have a chat with me along with his lump of timber.

He declined.... I do have a way of coming across as a bit of a phsyco sometimes :D The bottom line is they are gutless individuals, who go around damaging property but run away if someone is stood in front of them.

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 20:27
I thought our area was bad what with the chav gangs, the mad scotsman and the fat ugly fuggle from accross the road!!!

Escapee
23-03-2005, 20:40
I thought our area was bad what with the chav gangs, the mad scotsman and the fat ugly fuggle from accross the road!!!

I think its a lottery when the police get involved, they are only human after all. The police officer has to decide who is to blame almost in a split second, I know thats not how it should really happen, but we all know it does.

They have to decide which side has the strongest case, and sometimes the ones in the wrong lie and sound convincing. It's a good job he replaced the cctv tape and started it running again when he took the old one downstairs to view for the damage.

I think there are bad neighbours everywhere, my neighbours can never say that I come home at all hours drunk making lots of noise etc, like many of them do. I am also considerate to other people, unlike the Liberals opposite who have 5 old cars between them and park them either side of my driveway, and opposite to make it difficult to get out.

Oh, the bit they leave clar of cars ie" My driveway is usually covered in their dog s**t.

Neighbours, lovely things to have!

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 21:12
No they just do not come at all!!!!

Escapee
23-03-2005, 21:49

And there lies the problem, they will not sort out a dispute so it turns to violence!

My father said to them "Why would I want to hit the guy, I was feeling very smug that I had the evidence to hit him in the pocket, the place it would really hurt"

I suppose my father is wrong for not doing the Liberal thing, and ignoring the damage to his property and just turn the other cheek every time it happens. ;)

dilli-theclaw
23-03-2005, 21:51

In all the times I've had trouble at work - And had to call the police (which we are supposed to do EVERY time we have a problem) the police have come ONCE. Just the once.

etccarmageddon
23-03-2005, 22:21
...my neighbours can never say that I come home at all hours drunk making lots of noise etc, like many of them do. I am also considerate to other people, unlike the Liberals opposite who have 5 old cars between them and park them either side of my driveway, and opposite to make it difficult to get out...

I'm seriously considering paying your relocation costs so you can be my neighbour!

Ramrod
23-03-2005, 22:23
As Punky said--thank god for the camera! :tu:

Tuftus
23-03-2005, 22:31
Definately!

Ramrod
23-03-2005, 22:33
I'm seriously considering paying your relocation costs so you can be my neighbour!pmsl.....absolutely! :tu: :)

punky
23-03-2005, 23:22
I'm seriously considering paying your relocation costs so you can be my neighbour!

Amen to that!

zoombini
24-03-2005, 09:26
Although I don't have a problem with neighbours at present, this sort of thing does make me want to put a camera up.

Escapee
24-03-2005, 09:56
Although I don't have a problem with neighbours at present, this sort of thing does make me want to put a camera up.

The camera evidence has already caught one person opposite causing damage to my fathers car, that resulted in about £500 compensation. My parents are waiting for £350 outstanding from a court cvase two weeks ago, after a teenager bent back the door of the car. Now it looks like they are going to get a few hundred quid to cover the damage for the big scratch down the side.

So yes, the camera has paid for itself over and over.

My parents think the neighbour had just arrived home in his car, and because someone was parked in front of his house, he took it out on them. How he could be so stupid as to cause damage when he knew another neighbour had been caught by camera evidence is amazing.

I wonder if he was drunk at the time. :shocked: