PDA

View Full Version : Postoffice deliveries

Tricky
22-03-2005, 14:35
Anyone know how I complain to the postoffice.

I am expecting 4 parcels/packets (all with no tracking on them) which should all have been received a week ago. 2 are from the same person, 1 is from another company and 1 from Hong Kong! all of which should have arrived either Tuesday or Wednesday last week.

I have contacted all involved and they assure me that they have been posted - I have ordered from all 3 in the past and not experienced problems. The one from Hong Kong has tracking that shows it left HK on 09-03-2005 so I know it left. The single item from a company was ordered on the 08-03 and I also placed an order on the 9th which arrived the following day.

I suspect my local sorting office/postman as it would be strange for 4 parcels to the same address from 3 different locations to go amiss.

How do I raise this with them?

STONEISLAND
22-03-2005, 14:40
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=5946&highlight=postoffice

last post might help?

Tricky
22-03-2005, 14:57
I'd seen that one, Ideally I want to do this through their official channel as I want this resolved ... especially as it's £150+ of goods!

pooroldjoe
22-03-2005, 15:44
You can get a Missing/Damaged package report form from any Post Office.
There are two versions, one for Overseas mail and one for UK mail.
I have had to do this several times and it has always worked, although may take a little time, if the items have actually been misdirected.
Hope this helps.
There should also be useful information on the Royal Mail website, although it seems to be down at the moment.
Joe

Chris W
22-03-2005, 15:47
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump3?catId=500185&mediaId=400144

You can report various different issues... I have done this a few times and normally get 6 first class stamps and a letter of apology littered with spelling mistakes :rolleyes:

SMHarman
22-03-2005, 16:38
Parcels not lettes, especially those from abroad end up with Parcel force who will be delivering it, not RM.

Now, if they have decided to asses it for import duties and VAT (the HK package) then it will sit at the depot and they will write you a letter requesting you contact them and pay them prior to a delivery attempt. This is a recentish change of policy (last 6 months or so - and assumes a residential address).

So try contacting your local parcel force depot, they are not the swiftest to send these letters, the letters then go second class (so it feels).

Derek
22-03-2005, 18:40
On a similar note I should have had a letter delivered today. It's tickets for a concert tomorrow and I'm at work (30 miles away :( ) and can't get anyone else to wait in and pick them up.

I have the tracking ID. If I get myself down to the local sorting office from about 6:00 do you think I'll be able to pick up the letter in person?

Graham
22-03-2005, 22:38
Anyone know how I complain to the postoffice.

You can phone them on 08457 740 740 or via http://www.royalmail.com

andygrif
22-03-2005, 22:59
And if it's not handled to your satisfaction then you can take your complaint to PostWatch http://www.postwatch.co.uk/

Shaun
22-03-2005, 23:17
I always feel postwatch is a bit of a cop out myself, the guys and girls on the phone always say "if you're not happy then phone postwatch". They created the mess they should have to sort it.

I've got four recorded delivery slips from the beginning of the month still sitting here showing as not delivered. I hate RM some times.

SMHarman
23-03-2005, 00:20
I always feel postwatch is a bit of a cop out myself, the guys and girls on the phone always say "if you're not happy then phone postwatch". They created the mess they should have to sort it.

I've got four recorded delivery slips from the beginning of the month still sitting here showing as not delivered. I hate RM some times.
Is that their fault though - they attempt delivery - the person it was sent to does not bother to rearrange delivery or collect it and it sits there.

Recorded should be returned after 7 days (blue crayoned or whatever they call it). Special after 21 days.

Graham
23-03-2005, 00:47
Is that their fault though - they attempt delivery - the person it was sent to does not bother to rearrange delivery or collect it and it sits there.

I've just recently had a customer contact me because they hadn't received their goods. I'd sent them by Recorded Delivery, but it turned out that the Postman hadn't even bothered to actually *attempt* delivery! :mad:

Monster Jedi
23-03-2005, 01:55
I've just recently had a customer contact me because they hadn't received their goods. I'd sent them by Recorded Delivery, but it turned out that the Postman hadn't even bothered to actually *attempt* delivery! :mad:

I had a ring sent from the USA to me. I had no notice left card. It was kept for nealry 2 months in the office then returned. Took 3 months to get the ring. I put in a complaint 3 months ago still no reply. :mad: :td:

SMHarman
23-03-2005, 02:25
I hear you on that one. Some posties also do a great job though, we send all shipments recorded and most of the time it is a benefit.

mrlipring
23-03-2005, 02:54
my past few posties have posted recorded delivery stuff if it would fit.

Then there's the posties and couriers who don't bother posting (carrying?) "sorry you weren't at home" cards.

Once, i had one deliver the card the next day, with yesterday's date etc on it. He didn't, however, have the parcel.

Tricky
23-03-2005, 20:21
Would you believe it, called the sorting office that deals with my mail - No we haven't anything here. Asked how to complain, got directed to website...30 minutes later van turns up with 3 of the 4 parcels!

Just waiting for the HK one now...

allieyoung666
23-03-2005, 20:24
Bloody royal mail, I order a callender b4 xmas, and it had do not bend!!! and what did they do bend it through the letter box and I am still waiting for my compo!!!

Graham
23-03-2005, 23:47
I order a callender b4 xmas, and it had do not bend!!! and what did they do bend it through the letter box

There is a tale, possibly apocryphal of someone who sent a package through the post marked "Floppy disks. Do not Bend"

Allegedly someone wrote "Yes they do!" and did :mad:

andygrif
24-03-2005, 00:13

The purpose of Postwatch is to consolidate complaints so they can track trends of faliure within the PO, as well as helping customers' individual problems.

Personally I think it's a worthwhile exercise.

Shaun
24-03-2005, 15:14

Recorded should be returned after 7 days (blue crayoned or whatever they call it). Special after 21 days.

They haven't tried to deliver the items and obtain a signature though, the recipients are still waiting. :rolleyes:

The purpose of Postwatch is to consolidate complaints so they can track trends of faliure within the PO, as well as helping customers' individual problems.

Personally I think it's a worthwhile exercise.

However if RM CS did their job there'd be no need.

Graham
24-03-2005, 17:46
if RM CS did their job there'd be no need.

If the Royal Mail did their job in the first place there'd be no need!

andygrif
24-03-2005, 23:08
If we didn't send mail to each other there would be no need for the RM!

Monster Jedi
25-03-2005, 10:06
Forgetting one thing. There's nothing Royal about that company