PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Router/Pace Set Top Box ADSL Connection Problem

cheesecake
22-03-2005, 10:58
I am trying to access my NTL broadband connection through a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100) that is connected to my Pace set top box.

When I go to the BT Voyager Configuration Manager screen and enter my NTL user name and password, I am told that there is no ASDL connection. The DSL light on the router is off, indicating "Not connected to ADSL line or Fault with ADSL connection".

All cables are correctly installed, I have an ADSL Line Cord connecting my set top box to my router. When I connect me laptop to the set top box with a standard ethernet cable the connection is fine.

NTL inform me they cannot give technical support on a router. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong???

:confused:
:eh:

Thanks

Stuart
22-03-2005, 11:11
I am trying to access my NTL broadband connection through a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100) that is connected to my Pace set top box.

When I go to the BT Voyager Configuration Manager screen and enter my NTL user name and password, I am told that there is no ASDL connection. The DSL light on the router is off, indicating "Not connected to ADSL line or Fault with ADSL connection".

All cables are correctly installed, I have an ADSL Line Cord connecting my set top box to my router. When I connect me laptop to the set top box with a standard ethernet cable the connection is fine.

NTL inform me they cannot give technical support on a router. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong???

:confused:
:eh:

Thanks

Err, you cannot use ADSL with NTL Set Top Boxes.

IF the router has a standard Ethernet socket labelled WAN (or something similar), use that.

Edit: Just checked. It doesn't have a WAN Ethernet port. You will not be able to use it with your STB. Sorry... You will need a router that supports Cable (not DSL) connections, like the one at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008DOYO/qid=1111490095/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i5_xgl/202-1204708-3343834

cheesecake
22-03-2005, 11:15
Oh bugger.

Thanks.

MrB
22-03-2005, 16:34
Before you buy one, check out whether they are known to work with NTL Pace STB (discussions on this and other boards may be a good starting point) - I have a netgear MR814v2 but cannot get the blooming thing to work!

(problem discussed on the board http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=25883 if anyone knows a solution?)

MrB

cheesecake
22-03-2005, 16:42
Thanks for the note. I've just ordered at BT Voyager 1500 to replace the 2100. I'll let you know if it works!