PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Analysis- someone please help before I go mad!

Chris W
20-03-2005, 21:11
Hi all...

I'm helping my girly with her business studies coursework at the moment.... And neither of us have a clue what we need to do. Can someone help please!! There are two questions that we can't do... can someone point me in the right direction please :)

The Excel file FIXINT04.XLS contains data on the performance of 70 UK fixed interest pension funds, as measured in August 2004.

a) Using the classes -8 - <-6, -6 - < -4, ... , 8- < 10 use PHStat to produce a frequency distribution histogram for the one-year performance data, and print them out to send to your tutor.

b) You are now asked to compare the pattern of percentage changes over one year with those over three years. This will be done by plotting percentage polygons for one year and three years on the same diagram.

The percentage changes in price, for the one-year and three-year performance data taken together, range from -6.7 to 27.5. Suggest an appropriate set of classes for the percentage polygons. Explain the reasons for your choice of classes.

Use PHStat to plot percentage polygons on a single graph for the changes in price over one year and three years, and print out the grath to send it to your tutor.

c) Another way of comparing the two performance measures is to produce a scatter diagram in which each point corresponds to a single pension fund. Use Excel to produce such a diagram, with the one-year performance on the X axis.

Can anyone help at all before my :banghead: makes a whole in the wall!!

TIA
MB

EDIT: just realised that i can't attach xls or xla files :( If anyone wants to have a look at them, i can mail them to you. This needs to be handed in tomorrow so there is a reward for any help received!!

Shaun
20-03-2005, 21:20
Zip them up and attach them.

Chris W
20-03-2005, 21:25
Zip them up and attach them.

good plan :tu:

Chris W
20-03-2005, 22:08
all done... could a passing Mod close this thread please?