PDA

View Full Version : Help! ADSL activated 2 weeks ago. Still no service!!

Anthonyc
18-03-2005, 11:29
My line was activated for ADSL on the 4th March, but my modem won't synch! (ie green light flashes)

I've been on the phone to NTL installation support several times. They ask about phone line extensions (none), other devices on line (none), different modems (done), different microfilters (done) and plugging directly into the test socket (done). Eventually they placed a fault report with BT on the 7th. A week later (14th) BT closed the fault report. ADSL Still didn't synch. (NB they never visited the property)

I went through the above process again with NTL and they filed another fault report with BT on the 14th. 4 days later and still no response from BT to either NTL or me.

So 9 weeks after I initially ordered ADSL, and 2 weeks after it was (supposedly) activated, I'm still without service (also NTL stopped my 0800 dialup account so I'm paying local rate for dial-up internet). BT seem to be dragging their feet and NTL aren't pushy or proactive enough to get anything done. (NB BT absolutely refuse to talk to me about the progess of the fault)

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this sorted?

Anthony.

Stuart W
18-03-2005, 12:05
I went directly to BT and got connected in 4 days.

Neil
19-03-2005, 21:09
Anyone have any ideas on how to get this sorted?

Anthony.

Yes, get a decent ADSL ISP.

jtwn
19-03-2005, 22:06
:rolleyes: