PDA

View Full Version : To CR3 or not to CR3 - that is the question!

rippedoff
23-06-2003, 16:57
Well - first of all hello to everyone who is on this site!
It wouldn't be the same, would it, without Rippedoff going on about the lack of CR3 / Interactive TV/ BroadBand etc. in South London, and asking the question.... when are we going to get it all in Lambeth / South London, and all the other deprived bits of London?
Maybe we might get some sympathy and answers on this site.
Anyway............... nice to see you all!

:D :D

MoneyPenny
23-06-2003, 17:43
Hi RippedOff,

Just wanted to say hello and doubtless we will continue this conversation here at some point :) :wavey:

Tristan
23-06-2003, 17:52
Originally posted by MoneyPenny
Hi RippedOff,

Just wanted to say hello and doubtless we will continue this conversation here at some point :) :wavey:

Miss MoneyPenny! You're back!

We haven't seen you for years!

Chris
23-06-2003, 17:56
This forum feels more like home every minute ...

for the purposes of framing this debate, can anyone outline ntl's official 'line' on why parts of London don't have these up-2-date services? Seems odd for the capital to be out in the cold, it's normally us northerners who complain about getting left out...

Lord Nikon
23-06-2003, 18:01
because the southern fairies can't work out how to use them ;)

(hopes someone else has seen lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels)

bigitup_j
23-06-2003, 18:31
it is the same old story, london is being upgraded. and is very odd that ntl don't do MORE work, i have heard that areas in southampton are being upgraded to bb and digital tv. why not london?

<must be 'ntl' logic> :)

MoneyPenny
23-06-2003, 19:03
This is a very tricky area I'm afraid. Areas can sometimes be available to be upgraded because the Analogue customer base has reduced sufficiently to free up bandwidth for the Digital service.

Short of this, the only recourse that ntl: has is to build more network. Given the high capital investment needed, this is a difficult one to pass by bondholders.

In the meantime, in London however, money IS being spent on network build and restructure as the problem with London is that the infrastructure is very poor indeed not over subscription.

rippedoff
23-06-2003, 19:13
Originally posted by MoneyPenny
Hi RippedOff,

Miss MoneyPenny, great to see you back in the land of the living! It is particularly good to see you on this site, as you may be as helpful as you were on the other side, before there seemed to be a clampdown on useful information!
That aside......it's nice to see your name back up here!
:wavey:

gallego1
23-06-2003, 23:31
Does that mean we can have a voice once again?

:wavey: :eek:

Stuart
24-06-2003, 00:00
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
because the southern fairies can't work out how to use them ;)

(hopes someone else has seen lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels)

*slap* :D

Only Joking. Have seen the film.

Tod
24-06-2003, 18:43
Oh this is all very nice isn't it on our new nthell site :)

Is the CR3 update going well for langley people does anyone know? Is it likely to be this year?

MoneyPenny
25-06-2003, 08:38
CR3 is planned into this year for the Langley Platform Todd

Lew
25-06-2003, 12:45
Will there be a trial of CR3 for those of us on the original NTL platform? If so, how do us plebs sign up to be testers? I'd be happy to 'drop-test' the new system :)

Derek
25-06-2003, 13:02
Seemingly it will be tested in Belfast first of all.

If all goes well then it should be rolled out to all 'original' Ntl areas some point after that.

I don't know how you would sign up to be a tester. If I find out I'll let you know

Tristan
25-06-2003, 14:05
I beleive the test is for NTL emplo- er, associates only (who probably have an NDA written into their contract of employment).

bigitup_j
27-06-2003, 12:11
also i have excellent news. that is that the tests for broadband in london have gone very well, and these tests have almost finished. so it looks like broaband and interactive is coming to london this year (well at more areas of london).

source: engineer of ntl

rippedoff
27-06-2003, 13:45
Originally posted by bigitup_j
also i have excellent news. that is that the tests for broadband in london have gone very well, and these tests have almost finished. so it looks like broaband and interactive is coming to london this year (well at more areas of london).

source: engineer of ntl

It does look like good news.........BUT............ not that I do not trust you or your source bigitup_j , but I have heard similar stories before!
Can anyone else out there confirm / deny? - Well... anyone we can trust! (MoneyPenny - can you find out possibly, please?)

:)

bigitup_j
27-06-2003, 19:16
ah well, just info from the gutters of ntlhome