PDA

View Full Version : Modem crashing, refuses to restart?

Electrolyte01
16-03-2005, 23:19
Any one have any idea what is going wrong with my modem as of late?

Even since the speed upgrades, my modem will randomly cut out, doing it's usual flashy left to right routine then try to connect to the network again. Although when it tries to connect, it just doesn't seem to be able to do it. I have to unplug it then plug it back in for it to connect.

This has also at times caused my router to crash, although that's able to restart automatically within a few seconds :erm:

And also, sometimes the modem won't come back on at all (even the power LED will not be lit, even though power is going into it. A usual unplug + plugin fixes this).

Is my modem on it's way out or could it possibly be something else? The modem is over 2 years old now.

Thanks

Wolf
16-03-2005, 23:29
sounds scary but maybe your mac has been cloned. someone else may have the same mac as you in the area. Persist, if it doesn't correct itself in a day or 2 then contact cust services.

Chris W
16-03-2005, 23:38
I very much doubt a cloned mac address would cause this problem, more likely that it is a problem with the signal strength to the modem....

technical support are still open- 0845 650 0925 and they will get an engineer booked if necessary :)

Electrolyte01
16-03-2005, 23:44
Parents don't like me ringing up TS, and they're in bed so I can't :(

If it happens again (probably tomorow) I will be ringing them up.

quadplay
16-03-2005, 23:46
Make sure the person whose name is on the account is around when you call - in order to book an engineer appointment, the agent you speak to needs to pass security on your account.

Graham M
17-03-2005, 01:45
Ask one of your parents to put your name in the security part of the account thru TS or CS that will allow you to contact them, thats what i got my mum to do, she's never around when something goes wrong :rolleyes: :D