PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi router connection NTL:HOME

deed02392
16-03-2005, 14:59
I will soon be getting a Wi-fi router, so I'm not sure exactly of the model, as my dad will be buying it. I myself will get an ethernet to wifi bridge, so any suggestions on a cheap one? Anyway, I was wondering exactly how I should go about connecting my PS2 to NTL. I have read tonnes of info from the PS forums about networking, and I have a Network access disc. Does the PS2 not notice that it is connecting to a wifi network, or is that the idea of an ethernet to wireless bridge? Anyway, could I get some information off you folks, so that I can happily and quickly install the internet for my PS2 when I get the router (about 6 weeks:( )? And does anyone have any experience when it comes to connecting a PS2 to a wifi network through a router. All I can say about my modem, is that it is the digital TV box that you use to watch TV on, the router will connect to that, and then a PC and a Laptop and my PS2. Thanks a lot in advance from you lot! By the way, I live in the UK so the EtoWifi bridge will have to be sold on a UK site. I don't want to risk importing.

SMHarman
16-03-2005, 16:15
Linksys WRT54G Router and Wireless Access Point (combined) and WGA54G Wireless Gaming Adaptor

Should do the job mindlessly and seamlessly.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=12

deed02392
16-03-2005, 19:12
thanks a lot, I'll look into it!:)

tony-mac
03-04-2005, 17:51
how did you get on ?
Ive just ordered the WRT54GSUK router and the WGA54G ,
hope they are ok , I was in two minds about the router , I was tempted by the Belkin pre-n router , but chose the Linksys because of price .

__spc__
27-07-2005, 20:30
Hi,

I have connected my PS2 via CAT5 crossover cable to the ethernet LAN card in my desktop. The desktop is WiFi to a Linksys WRT54G router/AP, which is connected to my ntl broadband cable modem. WiFI works well with Good signal and 11Mbps rate at worst.

When I run the network configuration disk on the PS2, it tells me there's no network connection, even though I'm using the UK-ntl default settings on the disk. I do have MAC filtering on, but have added the PS2 to the list.

Tomorrow I will connect the PS2 to the router via straight-CAT5 to check it works, but I want the WIFI connection of the PC as cable from one side of the house to the other is not acceptable (according to the wife).

I have the option to input all sorts of IP/DNS data to the PS2 in manual mode if I choose. However, I thin the auto settings should work and I am just misconfiguring the desktop somehow...

Any help, much appreciated...

P.S. Anything to do with ZoneAlarm firewall on the PC?