PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

pujro
10-09-2003, 22:31
I know this must have been covered somewhere already but I can't find it.......
Upgraded from 150 to 600 earlier this evening and was told by CS to wait a couple of hours for the upgrade. Trouble is the guy was covering for someone else and didn't know what to do then!
I guess I at least need to reset the STB but I'm also behind a router so can anyone advise the right sequence? Is is pc's off, router off, reset STB, router on, pc's on?

Steve H
10-09-2003, 22:41
Welcome to nthellworld pujro :)

Yup, Just switch everything off, Reboot the box, Once the box is back on, Turn your router, then PC on. It can be done a number of ways, and usually works. Your router should auto detect and work fine. You'l need to re-register, when it starts back up.. Load internet explorer, and you should goto the NTL Provisioning page, Just enter your details, and follow the instructions, and away you go.

pujro
11-09-2003, 17:23
Thanks Steve, it worked eventually....
Initially the 1st pc wouldn't find the PID login page, then I tried it on a different pc and it did. When I later went back to the 1st one again it found the page ok. In the meantime I reset the whole lot at least 4 or 5 times before it finally worked, I don't think I did anything differently so perhaps I just wasn't leaving the STB off for long enough?
Cheers
John

Steve H
11-09-2003, 17:33
Its tempermental, Every so often my Computer loads, and I load IE, and it goes to the provisioning page.. Put the details in, and reboot, and it still goes to the screen. Not sure why, I just reboot again :shrug: