PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody tell me why England are playing like a bunch of pansies??

Chimaera
10-09-2003, 20:57
I may be a woman but.........
even I can see they are playing a rubbish game!
I don't profess to understand football, but I've seen better attacking play at our local rec!
So - any explainations lads?? :shrug:

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:01
Because they aren't the 'world-class' international team they think they are?

Chimaera
10-09-2003, 21:08
Ah - so that'll be it!

Having said that they have just scored - but they should have hammered the opposition by now!

I'd be well fed up if I'd paid to go and see them play.

(ok they have just scored again - this could be a pretty short thread!!)

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:10
I'd have gone just witness a moment in history - Owen scoring with his head :eek:

Defiant
10-09-2003, 21:21
Originally posted by Russ D
Because they aren't the 'world-class' international team they think they are?

No Wale's are much better with their one world class player.

Ps his mum was born and bred in Swinton were he live's now which is part of Salford. 10 minute drive to Gold Trafford ;)

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:26
Originally posted by Defiant
No Wale's are much better with their one world class player.

Ps his mum was born and bred in Swinton were he live's now which is part of Salford. 10 minute drive to Gold Trafford ;)

lololol nice try

No, the difference is we are not dilusioned in to thinking we can win a) The World Cup, b) Euro 2000 or c) anything :)

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:44
1-1, that'll be enough to get us in to the play-offs :)

homealone
10-09-2003, 21:47
lololol nice try

No, the difference is we are not dilusioned in to thinking we can win a) The World Cup, b) Euro 2000 or c) anything :)

but why don't John Oster or Danny Coyne ever get a game? (you can tell I live near Grimsby Town ground - lol)

Steve H
10-09-2003, 21:57
I'd have gone just witness a moment in history - Owen scoring with his head :eek:

Where've you been gone for the past 2 years? :eek: He's scored about (I think) more goals with his head, then feet in the past campaign.

Anyhow, I think it was a overall professional performance by england. Chimeara, Were you watching the same game as me? They attacked for all of the game (Besides the last 10 mins)... The only thing they did wrong, was not putting the chances away. The bar was hit twice in the first half, There keeper did some wicked saves. Beattie was very unlucky to not get a few himself. James had 3 touches (Passes back from his own team), in the first half. Second half he had 1 save to make.. you gotta remember England had 2 players (important) Beckham, and Gerrard on Yellow cards, One more meaning they miss the turkey game.. So they couldnt exactly go into it with all there heart, given the reffing these days.

Chimaera
10-09-2003, 21:58
Well - they seemed very tame in the first half, even the BBC commentators seemed a bit put put!
Anyway it's all ended happily - a win for England! :)

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:58
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Anyhow, I think it was a overall professional performance by england. Chimeara, Were you watching the same game as me? They attacked for all of the game (Besides the last 10 mins)... The only thing they did wrong, was not putting the chances away. The bar was hit twice in the first half, There keeper did some wicked saves. Beattie was very unlucky to not get a few himself. James had 3 touches (Passes back from his own team), in the first half. Second half he had 1 save to make.. you gotta remember England had 2 players (important) Beckham, and Gerrard on Yellow cards, One more meaning they miss the turkey game.. So they couldnt exactly go into it with all there heart, given the reffing these days.

Lololololol you still won't win Euro 2004!!

Steve H
10-09-2003, 22:02
Lololololol you still won't win Euro 2004!!

Im not saying we will, There's no point competing (Or supporting your team), if you dont believe you've got a chance to win ;)

Russ
10-09-2003, 22:04
There's no point competing (Or supporting your team), if you dont believe you've got a chance to win ;)

Never a truer word spoken :)

timewarrior2001
10-09-2003, 22:08
the game wasnt exactly inspiring but 2-0 achieves the same as 4-0.

Might not be electrifying displays, but thats a run of 8 games all won. Not somethign that has been achieved since before the war apparently.

The job is to win, not seek glory.

They all need s kick up the arse.......dont like it up em they dont.

kronas
11-09-2003, 00:34
Originally posted by morris
we need a new manager.

someone who is creative tacticly and can get those players to keep possession and use it wisely and can make the team collectively work togethor in turn with there positioning and marking and general aggression methods

we could have won it by 5 or 6-0 poor finishing kept the score that low

kronas
11-09-2003, 01:08
yeah thats what we need.

i could do it with some help :D

smicer07
11-09-2003, 08:49
Owen scores loads of goals with his head... he's a lot better with his head than he used to be. Don't you remember his header v Man U? (3-1 Anfield 2001) :)

Russ
11-09-2003, 09:04
No

Steve H
11-09-2003, 16:00
we need a new manager.

To keep it short, No we dont.

kronas
11-09-2003, 16:06
To keep it short, No we dont.

they wont win a thing trophy wise if they continue to play like this i know what the record says but you need convincing wins against the bigger teams the defence is brittle when its under pressure only a handful of players are actually preforming well there needs to be a togethornes about the team they need to play collectively

gazzae
11-09-2003, 16:20
What is it with the majority of England fans? Their team wins and yet they still complain. You have won 8 games in a row and your saying the manager should be sacked!?!

Face it, it could be worse, you could support Northern Ireland :(

kronas
11-09-2003, 16:26
Originally posted by gazzae
What is it with the majority of England fans? Their team wins and yet they still complain. You have won 8 games in a row and your saying the manager should be sacked!?!

i assure you thats not me i normally back a manager whos winning but you have to look at the preformances of the whole team because when it comes to the time where trophys are at stake and you have better stronger opponents then your currently facing in various areas of the pitch like france brazil etc your going to be in for a tough match trying to keep the scoreline down conceding wise

Steve H
11-09-2003, 16:27

Face it, it could be worse, you could support Northern Ireland :(

Couldnt agree more gazzae. England have so far done what they need to qualify.. Yet people still moan, No pleasing some people ;) The managers done a great job, with the problems he's had with injuries, and such. Football's not been as sweet as it should do, But then again, when is it? unless your watching brazil :D Last night against licenstein they tottaly attacked throughout, James had about 4 touches, 3 of them from passbacks from his own team. Check the stats :)

Steve H
11-09-2003, 16:28
Originally posted by kronas
i assure you thats not me i normally back a manager whos winning but you have to look at the preformances of the whole team because when it comes to the time where trophys are at stake and you have better stronger opponents then your currently facing in various areas of the pitch like france brazil etc your going to be in for a tough match trying to keep the scoreline down conceding wise

I agree, but if again you look at the overall stats, England tend to rise to the occasion when playing stronger opponants. They only lost 2-1 to Brazil, Who are the World champions :shrug:

.....And that was Flukey! :D

gazzae
11-09-2003, 16:56
Yep I thought England played well last night. I think Owen thought the keeper had been fouled and that put him off his shot, you hit the bar three or four times and Lindsey Davenport played a blinder!

Atomic22
11-09-2003, 19:47
Originally posted by Chimaera
I may be a woman but.........
even I can see they are playing a rubbish game!
I don't profess to understand football, but I've seen better attacking play at our local rec!
So - any explainations lads?? :shrug: :dunce:

yeh some of the squad is crap ...joe cole,terry,bridge,lampard :dozey:

some of the squad is ok...gerrard,campbell,ashley cole,james,both nevilles,hargreaves,butt,heskey,barry :naughty:

and some of the squad is very good...becks,owen,rooney,rio,dyer,scholes :angel:

oh and they may be playing crap but if they can keep winning while playing crap thats ok with me :devsmoke:

kronas
11-09-2003, 21:42
we need a new manager because with the players we have we should be a hell of a lot better. we won last night against a team with one pro player. a team we should of scored a lot of goals against. we need a new manager because he keeps picking heskey. we need a new manager because he's not english. we won the last eight games against rubbish teams.

i agree watch when england go up against the better skilled talented sides then we shall see them struggle.......

Steve H
11-09-2003, 21:45
i agree watch when england go up against the better skilled talented sides then we shall see them struggle.......

erm, They havnt struggled in the past though, have they?

gazzae
12-09-2003, 08:39
we need a new manager because with the players we have we should be a hell of a lot better. we won last night against a team with one pro player. a team we should of scored a lot of goals against. we need a new manager because he keeps picking heskey. we need a new manager because he's not english. we won the last eight games against rubbish teams.

Ah yes Heskey, that terrible terrible player who set up Ronneys goal to save you being embarrassed in Macedonia

Rubbish teams? Turkey are ranked 7th in the world (higher than England), Croatia are ranked 26th, Serbia and Montenegro are ranked 29th, South Africa are ranked 33rd.
Hardly rubbish.

So Sven's not english? Tell me which English manger in your opinion should do the job.

I just can't believe that you're one step away from qualification, you have won 8 games on the trot, you're ranked in the worlds top ten and the England fans are still calling to sack the manager!

gazzae
12-09-2003, 08:56

Look at your last results against the worlds current top ten.

1 Brazil Lost 2-1
2 France Drew 1-1
3 Spain Won 3-0
4 Netherlands Drew 1-1
4 Mexico Won 4-0
6 Argentina Won 1-0
7 Turkey Won 2-0
10 Germany Won 5-1

TigaSefi
12-09-2003, 09:14
Turkey ain't rubbish, they are very good and very deceitful too so if we win or draw, then it good enough for me. Portugal 2004 will be where I would be expecting top drawer performances.

Atomic22
12-09-2003, 19:14
yeh a draw is good enough , and hopefully we will have scholesy , rio , campbell , butty and ashley cole fit by then and we shouldn't have to use vastly over-rated under performing players like lampard , terry , bridge and joe cole:monkey:

kronas
12-09-2003, 19:16
what have they won in the past 30 odd years?

exactly its alright getting a win here and there against teams but you need consistancy its they key to success the england squad has plenty of talented players they just need the right coaching/tactics

Look at your last results against the worlds current top ten.

1 Brazil Lost 2-1
2 France Drew 1-1
3 Spain Won 3-0
4 Netherlands Drew 1-1
4 Mexico Won 4-0
6 Argentina Won 1-0
7 Turkey Won 2-0
10 Germany Won 5-1

looks pretty good brazil are having an up and down time really after changing coaches a few times

france they are not as good they used to be but they are still lethel teams both brazil and france dont discount them as they could give england a potential drubbing when the time comes

Steve H
12-09-2003, 19:54
exactly its alright getting a win here and there against teams but you need consistancy its they key to success the england squad has plenty of talented players they just need the right coaching/tactics

looks pretty good brazil are having an up and down time really after changing coaches a few times

france they are not as good they used to be but they are still lethel teams both brazil and france dont discount them as they could give england a potential drubbing when the time comes

Oh, From what I saw brazil had there complete team out, If ANYTHING they're less stronger at the moment.

If you know so much, Why not put your name forword for the job? Im sure you'l get it :p

kronas
12-09-2003, 20:49
heskey is a donkey who should never put on a england shirt again, he can't score for club or country and he's a striker.

dont like heskey myself he makes too many mistakes not international level material im afraid

turkeys defence is useless and a top quality football team will take them apart, turkey are only so high in the rankings is because the quality of football in the last world cup was poor and they had a easy run they only played one good team and ended up finishing third not because they are good.

dont rule them out going forward they are a very good team there defence is good but not as good as there attack its capable of picking teams apart

If you know so much, Why not put your name forword for the job? Im sure you'l get it :p

i could be an assistant help with tactics team talk etc

get them to do this and that but i doubt they would want a nobody :p

TigaSefi
12-09-2003, 21:46
dont like heskey myself he makes too many mistakes not international level material im afraid

dont rule them out going forward they are a very good team there defence is good but not as good as there attack its capable of picking teams apart

i could be an assistant help with tactics team talk etc

get them to do this and that but i doubt they would want a nobody :p

I'd think they'll smash ur f**kin' head in first :p I know i would :wavey:

kronas
12-09-2003, 21:48
Originally posted by TigaSefi
I'd think they'll smash ur f**kin' head in first :p I know i would :wavey:

why im not unreasonable or annoying id just tell them to do as i say or ill....... nick there car keys from their jaguars etc :p

MadGamer
15-09-2003, 22:59
We ALWAYS ALWAYS seem to score in the second half, whats up with that???

kronas
16-09-2003, 02:22
Originally posted by WNA
We ALWAYS ALWAYS seem to score in the second half, whats up with that???

i think its because the manager doesent have a clue at the kick off over tactics so he gives them better directions at half time once hes analysed the opposite team :)