PDA

View Full Version : £50 for stb to modem

daggman
15-03-2005, 16:29
stb upgrade due 05th april, but i just rang them today to see if i have to have broadband thru the stb as i have not had ntl tv for over a year. i kept broadband thru the stb when i had tv switched off because it was the easiest thing to do for me and for NTL.

but i thought if an engineer is coming out with a new box he might as well bring a modem instead, which you would think would be cheaper for ntl than a new samsung box which are going to be in short supply.

NOPE ... if you want to switch to modem sir that will be £50.00. :Yikes:

well i will just have to have an expensive new samsung stb under my tv just to provide my broadband, seems a waste of ntl resources to me.

crazy

th'engineer
15-03-2005, 17:15
stb upgrade due 05th april, but i just rang them today to see if i have to have broadband thru the stb as i have not had ntl tv for over a year. i kept broadband thru the stb when i had tv switched off because it was the easiest thing to do for me and for NTL.

but i thought if an engineer is coming out with a new box he might as well bring a modem instead, which you would think would be cheaper for ntl than a new samsung box which are going to be in short supply.

well i will just have to have an expensive new samsung stb under my tv just to provide my broadband, seems a waste of ntl resources to me.

crazy

Did you get the name of the person

scrotnig
15-03-2005, 17:20

crazy

You've been misinformed, this should be done free of charge as it should really have been done when you cancelled the TV service.

Let me know if you are still getting nowehere with this.

ooze
15-03-2005, 17:58
yeah, i got rid of my tv last thursday, they came saturday with a new modem (250) and removed my Pace STB, all for nothing.