PDA

View Full Version : 02 Tarrif

LooeyUK
10-09-2003, 18:59
I received my Nokia 7250 in the post today.

Im on the £20 a month tarrif, i get 500 free texts, 500 free mins a month to offpeak landlines and other o2 mobs and 50 free cross network mobiles.

Just wondering who else is on this taffif and got the phone?

What do you think it of? Used the online ecare stuff yet?

Also, do you get a paper bill each month?

Sensei Katana
10-09-2003, 21:46
Although I'm not on it yet, I will be! And getting the Sony Ericsson T610.

There are no paper bills, it's all online - because there's no paper admin, they can afford to charge less. To see how much your account is, you'll have to log on and check.

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:47
o2 - BIG mistake. Their Customer Services is legendary for being terrible, If ever you need to call them for anything, ALWAYS get the name of the person you speak to and record all calls if possible.

MikeyB
10-09-2003, 23:18
I'm on that tarrif, but just the SIM Only version which is £15 as I already had a phone.

Had a fright last month, 1st time I've got near to using the 500 free texts, and find out I've used about 800 texts :-o gosh!!

Only ever had to call O2 CS once, and was straight through and my problem sorted right away

Edwin
01-12-2004, 11:15
I wish I had read Russ's message about getting a name when calling O2 - their services is APPALLING. It took nearly a month to get a new phone online, but they charged me line rental from the day of order, then they sent the wrong phone, then they promissed a refund which didn't come etc. etc. etc. Once my year is up I'm changing supplier no matter how good a deal is offered... Orange say they will match any offer; but are they any better?

andygrif
01-12-2004, 11:28
I can agree that O2 has monumentally appaling customer service. It's probably best that you have an e-tarrif as this will hopefully mean you don't have to speak to the morons in their call centre.

It's a shame, as I quite like O2 as a network, I've been with them for about 11 years now (in their various incarnations).

What I am thinking about doing now is quitting O2 as a service provider, and moving to Carphone Warehouse, but staying on the O2 network. According to CW this is possible and I can keep my same number plus get a better deal on the handset.

slimshady
01-12-2004, 11:43
I must admit every dealing I've had with o2 has gone pretty shabby and I still think their charging me wrong for GPRS and WAP :(

I changed my tarrif from the SIM only £15 to the SIM only £20 one and they messed that up good and proper, I could see they had switched it and I e-mail them twice during the month telling them this each time i got a lame response then they tried to bill me £136 quid, managed to sort that out - they told me to block the dd for amonth and they would do the same and then a month later they cut me off as they had "forgot" to re-enable my direct debit. I was not happy and had to send them copies of my ntl bill for me having to ring their 50ppm rip off line.

I then a few weeks ago upgrade to a £25 per month package will a mobile and it appears they have ballsed that up as they told me the tarrif was identical to my sim only version but afaik theres no wap/gprs allowance we'll see what happens when I get my bill more nasty e-mails to o2 i think!!!

BTW the O2 X3 not a bad phone but I wish they had included a card reader or software that would allow me to upload mp3's (legal ones of course ;) )

orangebird
01-12-2004, 12:42
I'm on the online any time any network 200 mins/500 texts/200 mmms for £30. Found the deal online on the weds - had my phone received and connected by friday, and have only rang them once to get them to enable international access. Good so far! :tu: