PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Card Payment For Xbox LiVE

NEONKNIGHT
10-09-2003, 16:48
Found this snipet on the Computer Games & Video Site:-

"Microsoft plans to introduce a scratch card payment method, a la mobile phones, that gamers can use to either start a subscription to the service or renew and existing one.

The scratch card initiative is said to be launching in March 2004, to celebrate the anniversary of the official launch of Xbox Live in European territories (which happened on March 14, 2003). Consumers will be able to purchase scratch cards that offer three, six or 12 months' worth of subscription, each obviously coming with different price points."

;)

Caspar
10-09-2003, 18:05
Sounds like a good idea to me....

NEONKNIGHT
10-09-2003, 18:49
Originally posted by Caspar
Sounds like a good idea to me....

Its does sound a good idea, especially for those people unable or unwilling to use credit cards. If this goes ahead I think Xbox LiVE will go from strength to strength which can only be good for gamers in the long run.:)

NEONKNIGHT
10-09-2003, 23:22
Originally posted by morris
it will be good for japan as well because the japs hate credit cards and not many of them use them.

Think the Brits should learn a lesson from this!;)

zoombini
11-09-2003, 00:27
Yeah, its harder to scam a Japs credit card than a Brits!

Thing is, if they launch this, how are we going to pay for the downloadable content that's chargeable?

Currently its done via the credit card that was signed up for.

So would it mean that there will be no chargeable downloadable contentable..?

If there is ever anything good enough to warrant charging for.

kronas
11-09-2003, 02:07
this is an excellent idea MS should have done this near the begining of xbox live but they are sure to tap in to the potentially large subscriber base of people who dont/want to use there credit card

Dooby
11-09-2003, 12:03
Originally posted by zoombini
Thing is, if they launch this, how are we going to pay for the downloadable content that's chargeable?

Currently its done via the credit card that was signed up for.

So would it mean that there will be no chargeable downloadable contentable..?

If there is ever anything good enough to warrant charging for.

I would imagine it will be like a 'top up' card, you will buy a card, credit your account, then you can spend teh credits on dlc or subscription

Steve H
11-09-2003, 16:38
I might get a XBOX because of this... (When it gets introuduced)

Reddevil63
11-09-2003, 17:44
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
I might get a XBOX because of this... (When it gets introuduced)

Never mind that and go into town and buy yourself the best console on the market IMO. :D

Steve H
11-09-2003, 18:13
Originally posted by Reddevil63
Never mind that and go into town and buy yourself the best console on the market IMO. :D

Anyone wanna sell an xbox on the cheap: :p

Reddevil63
11-09-2003, 19:08
Yiou wish! :D :p

Steve H
11-09-2003, 20:07
Originally posted by Reddevil63
Yiou wish! :D :p

I Only want it cos Im fed up of seeing you guys talk about it so much :p:D

Reddevil63
11-09-2003, 21:26
Well enough reading about it, go and buy one, get Live and enjoy the best online console service around. :D

NEONKNIGHT
11-09-2003, 22:16
Anyone wanna sell an xbox on the cheap: :p

The rumour is that the price of an xbox is going to be cut again to £99.99 - bargin !;)

Steve H
11-09-2003, 22:53
hmm, very tempted.. Then again im saving for a car :), Just saw it for £80 with 1 controller in the local adverts.. unsure, Gonna wait a bit ;)

Caspar
12-09-2003, 07:27
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
The rumour is that the price of an xbox is going to be cut again to £99.99 - bargin !;)

Xbox to be slashed to £99.99 next month (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2397) ;)

Caspar
12-09-2003, 07:32
hmm, very tempted.. Then again im saving for a car :), Just saw it for £80 with 1 controller in the local adverts.. unsure, Gonna wait a bit ;)

Always be careful when buying a XBOX 2nd hand or from a non-retail source, (i.e. dodgy daz, warrens' mate mate down the pub!! ;) )

There's always the concern that banned XBOX serial numbers get sold on once they have disabled, by MS - for example with modchips which are not allowed to be used on XBOX Live and will disable the XBOX's online access if detected)

So, my policy would be to by one retail, packaged up with full knowledge of its history, IMO.

Come on,...for only £99 we're laughing... :D