PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all and a question..

Ashman
13-03-2005, 13:15
Just like to say a big hi to all as ive been browsing this forum for quite awhile now and finally decided to register.:)

A question i do have and forgive me if i havent "searched" hard enough for the answer but i booked out an engineer last wednesday to come to our house yesterday on saturday between 12-6 pm to replace our NTL cable modem(ambit 100 silver cable one) becuase it has a dodgy ethernet port on it when an ethernet cable is plugged into it.

So waited yesterday and unfortunately no engineer came out at all between this time (12-6pm) so today ive tried to ring ntl's bb tech support to enquire as to why and to see if i could re-book an engineer for sometime this week..the problem is though(and yes im sure there's been many rants about this etc) i get put through to ntl's bb tech support in india and it seems everytime i get told to wait while they speak to there higher supervisor and then when i come back off hold they say ill put u in a cue so u can wait to speak to them for yourself!!..:erm:

The number im ringing is 0845 650 0121 ntl's broadband tech support line but is it me or is it only a good idea to ring during the week to speak to an english tech support guy(if your lucky) to get an engineer appointment booked.

Apoligies if its a rather lengthy post..any thoughts or other tech support numbers would be appreciated..:)

Chris W
13-03-2005, 13:19
:welcome:

There is less Level 2 ("higher level support") cover on a sunday so you will normally have to wait longer to actually get the appointment booked.

Calls are routed to India and Swansea at all times, so it doesn't matter when you call. However, saying that mid afternoon and when there are football/rugby matches on are normally when the queues are shortest :)

You are using the appropriate number for technical support.

Toto
13-03-2005, 13:24
Hello, welcome to the site

Ashman
13-03-2005, 13:26
Thx for the replies guys.

Ill either try again later(fingers and just about everything else crossed) or try tommorow to try to re-book an engineer out for my day of in the week on wednesday.:)