PDA

View Full Version : Home Wi-fi networks

Hom3r
12-03-2005, 23:21
I have a home network that I connent my laptop to via Wi-Fi, my sister and hubby are going to buy a LT this week with Wi-Fi

now how can I set up her home network so that that we can we can access each others network and therefore access the WWW

the reason being is that she doesn't yet have BB, but with 2 kids growing and my 4 yr old niece is a dab hand on the LT she will get it soon, so she will need my connection to access the web.

Jez
13-03-2005, 11:39
If you're both running Windows XP, then the home network wizard will do it all for you - go to Network Connections, Set up a home or small office network, make sure everything is turned on, and then off you go. Just did it myself last night with our two machines ... :)

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2005, 13:01
Are you living in the same house? Your post implies you are not, but I imagine are perhaps almost neighbours? If the same house fine, if different houses, sharing a wifi boradband connection whilst possible if your are within range, is against terms and conditions of most ISPs.

Hom3r
13-03-2005, 14:12
No we live in separte side of the town, and will set up our own seperate networks but wll want to access BB when we visit each other

MovedGoalPosts
13-03-2005, 14:36
Right, still possible to do, just make sure that you set both network's up in a common way. Easiest, as said would be to follow the wizards, make sure you use common passwords (you need passwords & WEP encryption for security of your connection), etc