PDA

View Full Version : Hoting On Xbox Live

cold
11-03-2005, 12:39
I have posted this in the xbox live discussion area but feel this may be a problem with my connection or modem....

I am on the ntl 3mb BB through a SACM (silver ntl:home) and have an upload of 300k.....35kb/s when tested through adslguide.org. i have even checked the modem config files to confirm i have an upload of 300k.

I play Rainbow Six Black Arrow and could previously before the upgrade host a 9 man room with an upload of 30kb/s...which is 256k. However i am still only able to host a 9 man server without lag despite the upgrade. It doesn't make sense considering other players who have an upload of 31kb/s are able to hold a solid 10 man server and yet i have a higher upload than them and can not host more!!! Once more someone on exactly the same tier as me can host a 12 man server with 35kb/s upload.

I am connected through an 8 port linksys wired router.

Any help as to why this is would be greatly appreciated as i am rather confused to say the least.

Chris W
11-03-2005, 13:06
have you tried connecting the xbox directly to the modem to see if you have the same problems?

cold
11-03-2005, 13:10
hi and thanks for replying..

i have tried going direct connect as well but they didnt make any difference. I have even tried multiple xbox's to make sure it wasn't a problem with the ethernet port on the console it self.

It's as if my PC is reading a different connection to my xbox....

cold
11-03-2005, 13:44
below are the config's for my cable modem...

Upstream Frequency : 33584000 Hz Upstream Transmit Power Level : 50.25 dBmv

Downstream Frequency : 402750000 Hz Downstream Modulation : 64 QAM Downstream Receive Power Level : 5.86 dBmv Downstream SNR : 34.02 dB

could someone interpret this data for me to confirm if its a problem with my cable modem. Thanks in advance.