PDA

View Full Version : Sugar In Yoghurts...

Chris W
10-03-2005, 19:53
Ok it might seem like a random question... but do any forum members put sugar in yoghurt?

I do and my dad does, but i am yet to find another person that does.... are my dad and i just odd :confused:

Paul K
10-03-2005, 20:05
Sugar in your yoghurt? Is it not sweet enough without it??

dilli-theclaw
10-03-2005, 20:06
I can honestly say that no one in either my or the missus' family have EVER done this.

On the other hand - I think you deserve an awars for weirdest question/thread ;):D

nffc
10-03-2005, 20:06
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::s ick::sick:

Paul
10-03-2005, 20:19
Ewww - Yoghurt - Ewwwww :sick:

gary_580
10-03-2005, 20:32
strange person

greencreeper
10-03-2005, 20:55
Ewww - Yoghurt - Ewwwww :sick:
I never thought I'd say it, but I agree with Paul - ewwwwww with a capital U. Yoghurt is just vile - like sick.

I have problems with anything liquid that has lumps or bits in it, especially seeded jam :Sprint:

Maggy
10-03-2005, 20:57
Ok it might seem like a random question... but do any forum members put sugar in yoghurt?

I do and my dad does, but i am yet to find another person that does.... are my dad and i just odd :confused:

In plain yoghurt perhaps.Usually I use sweetener though. I don't eat ready made fruit yoghurts but then I never eat those because I'd rather add my own fruit to plain yoghurt and leave out all the crap that the retail trade add. :)

bb31
10-03-2005, 22:02
ewwwwwwwwww thats disgusting, never heard of that before:sick:

tick
10-03-2005, 22:05
off to try it will let you no

Theodoric
10-03-2005, 22:07

When I was trotting around Greece many, many years ago you could get yoghurt with sugar in the cafes. It sounded something like "ya'oatee may zackaree". The only other Greek I remember is Papistratos Filtros, the local substitute for a decent cigarette. If I hadn't known that there weren't any camels in Greece, I'd have sworn that they were made from dried camel dung.

tick
10-03-2005, 22:32
tried it not for me :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Chris W
10-03-2005, 22:34
ok i think i had better ask for this thread to be deleted before anyone else thinks i am completely mad :cry:

dilli-theclaw
10-03-2005, 22:35
ok i think i had better ask for this thread to be deleted before anyone else thinks i am completely mad :cry:

you are TOO LATE!!!! :D

Tricky
10-03-2005, 23:05
Just buy "Low Fat" yoghurt - It has loads of sugar in!

Halcyon
10-03-2005, 23:20
My yoghhurts are sweet enough as they are. Plain yoghurt maybe, but I normally eat fruit of the forrest ones with berries. Sweet enough for me.

Maggy
10-03-2005, 23:21
I never thought I'd say it, but I agree with Paul - ewwwwww with a capital U. Yoghurt is just vile - like sick.

I have problems with anything liquid that has lumps or bits in it, especially seeded jam :Sprint:

Ah but lovely creamy strained greek yoghurt is nothing like that cr@p. ;)

danielf
10-03-2005, 23:22
In plain yoghurt perhaps.Usually I use sweetener though. I don't eat ready made fruit yoghurts but then I never eat those because I'd rather add my own fruit to plain yoghurt and leave out all the crap that the retail trade add. :)

People appear to be blissfully unaware of the existence of plain yoghurt... I put loads of sugar in plain yoghurt. Ready made fruit yoghurt already has quite a bit in it.

zoombini
10-03-2005, 23:34
Try missisippi mud pie crunch corners, loads in them!

homealone
10-03-2005, 23:41
Ah but lovely creamy strained greek yoghurt is nothing like that cr@p. ;)

Incog is correct ;)

- of course there is 'sugar' in yoghurt, it contains lactose, how much fat depends on the 'substrate' - is it skimmed milk, semi-skimmed milk, whole milk, channel islands milk ?

:D

Gareth
10-03-2005, 23:54
Most people seem to be confusing the Ski/Muller/Yoplait type of yoghurt with the real stuff. Sugar in natural unsweetened yoghurt is OK, but there's no point in putting it in your Munch Bunch strawberry gunk, cause it's already full of it.

Chris W
10-03-2005, 23:57
I put sugar in fruit yoghurts, and plain yoghurt, but i don't eat the fancy ones.

I think it is as much because i like the little cruchy bits of sugar as it is the sweetness

Theodoric
11-03-2005, 14:30
And it is quite easy to make your own yoghurt. Take some milk, warm it to blood heat and pour into a thermos flask. Add a teaspoon or so of yoghurt, stopper and leave overnight. Each day repeat using a teaspoon of the previous day's yoghurt. As time goes by those originally tired little yoghurt bacteria will regain their potency.

NOTE 1 As you have to keep this up on a more or less daily basis, you can end up being sick of the sight of yoghurt.

NOTE 2 Try experimenting by adding extra cream, condensed milk etc to the mix and seeing what appears next day.

NOTE 3 I suppose that I'd better suggest sterilising the thermos first, not that I ever did.

NOTE 4 No, it's no use adding a bit of strawberry yoghurt as a starter; you still won't end up with strawberry yoghurt!