PDA

View Full Version : Cannot acces My Router

colinbar
09-03-2005, 20:50
Hi,
I have a Belkin 4 port cable router and today/yesterday have been unable to access it. Each time I get cannot find server error. I have accessed it hundreds of times before, but not now. I have tried re-booting it several times. Also tried from command prompt Telnetting to it, but get error "could not connect to host on port 23: connection failed. I have also tried on port 80.
All the lights are flashing on it, so it works ok having 2 PCs connected to it. plus tried accessing from both PCs, but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas????

Paul K
09-03-2005, 21:05
How have you rebooted it? I found that sometimes the only way to reboot my old Belkin was to power it off for a couple of mins and then reboot it holding the reset button down, after that I often had to reboot the pcs connected to it to regain access again.

colinbar
09-03-2005, 22:13
Paul,

Thanks mate, I held the reset button in for 5 secs, which of course reset it to factory settings, and I was able to log in alright, but then I lost the internet connection, so as I luckily had saved the config some time ago, reloaded it and after a couple more reboots of STB & router, they are all working fine.

thanks for the help.

Paul K
09-03-2005, 22:19
Paul,

Thanks mate, I held the reset button in for 5 secs, which of course reset it to factory settings, and I was able to log in alright, but then I lost the internet connection, so as I luckily had saved the config some time ago, reloaded it and after a couple more reboots of STB & router, they are all working fine.

thanks for the help.
As long as it helped ;)
The Belkin router I had seemed to suffer that problem quite a lot, gave up on it in the end and bought a nice shiny Netgear instead and it's worked flawlessly out of the box :)