PDA

View Full Version : PS2 online problems

keithscott2001
09-03-2005, 13:32
Hi everyone! My first post so bear with me if i go on! Just got round to getting a network adaptor for my Playstation 2 and thought i'd try it out with Fifa 2004 but it won't connect to the other players. Then i found a note in the box which told me how i would be able to solve this. I'm connecting my ps2 directly into my SACM and need to "forward some ports to my ps2 IP address". Its about then when i get lost! any help would be much appreciated!

Mattitude
09-03-2005, 13:34
Hi everyone! My first post
<snip>
And it's in the wrong section :p:

nostra
09-03-2005, 13:35
hi keith and welcome :D

i dont think that those instructions are relevent to you, they would be for someone who has a router, which you are not as you are connecting directly to your sacm

do you have your pc and your ps2 connected at the same time?

and have you notified ntl and have they put you on the ps2 package?

paulyoung666
09-03-2005, 13:39
hi keith and welcome :D

i dont think that those instructions are relevent to you, they would be for someone who has a router, which you are not as you are connecting directly to your sacm

do you have your pc and your ps2 connected at the same time?

and have you notified ntl and have they put you on the ps2 package?

it should be a simple matter of disconnecting the pc from the modem and connecting the ps2 to it , you would need to reboot the modem everytime though , you dont need to inform ntl unless you want 2 i.p. addresses and in that case a router would be a cheaper option :)

nostra
09-03-2005, 13:41
it should be a simple matter of disconnecting the pc from the modem and connecting the ps2 to it , you would need to reboot the modem everytime though , you dont need to inform ntl unless you want 2 i.p. addresses and in that case a router would be a cheaper option :)

i was getting to that ;)

i wanted to see what he had already done though before swapping the cables around and rebooting the sacm every time

keithscott2001
09-03-2005, 13:42
Haven't told them because after reading everything here i didn't think i would need to as they'll just charge you an extra £2 for nothing! I only have one or the other connected at any one time. The ps2 goes online fine its only when i'm connecting to other users to play a game that it won't connect!

nostra
09-03-2005, 13:44
Haven't told them because after reading everything here i didn't think i would need to as they'll just charge you an extra £2 for nothing!!

That is very true :p

let me have a look around for you see if i can find anything out

Mattitude
09-03-2005, 13:45
Haven't told them because after reading everything here i didn't think i would need to as they'll just charge you an extra £2 for nothing! I only have one or the other connected at any one time. The ps2 goes online fine its only when i'm connecting to other users to play a game that it won't connect!
Sorry, forgot to say :welcome:

keithscott2001
09-03-2005, 13:52
Thanks all for your quick responses. If its any help this is what it says in the PS2 manual and this does describe the problem i'm having

Problems connecting to other players in online games of FIFA 2004

If you are having trouble connecting to other players (but can get into the game lobby) your ps2 is probably behind a firewall or router. Remember, if you are sharing your internet connection using Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing your windows XP PC is acting as a router. If you are using a dedicated ADSL modem this may also be acting as a router.

Fifa 2004 requires the following ports to be open on your firewall ( both inbound and outbound)

TCP 13505
TCP from 10400 to 10499
UDP 3658/3659
UDP 6000/6001

Also if your ps2 is behind a router you must forward the following ports to your ps2 IP address or place your ps2 in a DMZ

UDP 3658/3659
UDP 6000/6001

Please consult your router/modem documentation for advice on configuring your connection or visit our support centre for more advice

nostra
09-03-2005, 13:58
your modem should not be causing the above problems that is described.

do you have an error message or anything when you try to connect?

keithscott2001
09-03-2005, 14:04
all it says is that connection to the other player has failed and then i end up back in the lobby! At first i thought it might have been other players connections but it doesn't connect to anyone!