PDA

View Full Version : Account Problems

Stew
08-03-2005, 18:51
I'm not going to moan (much) about the NTL CS experience. Suffice to say for the first time in 3 years my worst fear have been realised

I've been trying to upgrade my speed from 750k>2MB all day

When I try to do it through the web system it tells me I'm a dialup customer (never been on dial-up, been on bb for 3 years), when I attempt to register it generates an error after I put in my postcode (along the lines of "PostCodeUnexpectedError")

I've been on the phone 8 times today. I've been told that the upgrade process it automatic (fair enough) but I'd like the issue with my account fixed. I'm currently waiting on hold to get through to a level 2 advisor and frankly I'm not hopeful.

Any suggestions?

ozsat
08-03-2005, 19:06
I was a dialup user many years ago - and have two accounts listed with them.

My upgrades took place while still on the 'phone to them.

goldoni
08-03-2005, 19:12
:welcome: to the site, I think what you are doing waiting for a level 2 adviser is your best option, then if its sorted you could try again. Its funny reading some of these threads some people have spoken to tech support and have been upgraded while on the phone, while some of the techs are saying its automatic and you will have to wait for the upgrade :shrug:

Paul K
08-03-2005, 19:14
I'm not going to moan (much) about the NTL CS experience. Suffice to say for the first time in 3 years my worst fear have been realised

I've been trying to upgrade my speed from 750k>2MB all day

When I try to do it through the web system it tells me I'm a dialup customer (never been on dial-up, been on bb for 3 years), when I attempt to register it generates an error after I put in my postcode (along the lines of "PostCodeUnexpectedError")

I've been on the phone 8 times today. I've been told that the upgrade process it automatic (fair enough) but I'd like the issue with my account fixed. I'm currently waiting on hold to get through to a level 2 advisor and frankly I'm not hopeful.

Any suggestions?
Could always PM Debsy42 or Monkeybreath for help or advice, I'm sure they could look into it if they have time and you ask them nicely :)

Stew
08-03-2005, 19:15
Sorted (can someone lock the thread)

Previtee (sp?!) who I assume works in an Indian call centre, you're a diamond. Just wish the rest of your collegues would take a leaf from your book :)

Like I said, I'm not going to rant about the service. It's all been said before.