PDA

View Full Version : box swap for newbie

bryane
07-03-2005, 23:53
Hi. I have 2 STBs, a Pace running TV & Broadband and a Samsung just doing TV. Can I just swap them over, swap the cards and get the faster speed through the Samsung WHEN the upgrade happens?

Nemesis
07-03-2005, 23:56
Hi. I have 2 STBs, a Pace running TV & Broadband and a Samsung just doing TV. Can I just swap them over, swap the cards and get the faster speed through the Samsung WHEN the upgrade happens?

In theory ... yes .... why not try it, but the cards are apired to the STB, so leave them in place, just swap the boxes over ...

bryane
08-03-2005, 00:01
Thanks, but: I thought only one box was registered for BB, and that was dependant on the card?

Nemesis
08-03-2005, 00:02
not as far as I know ..... just try it .... won't do any harm

bryane
08-03-2005, 00:03
OK, thanks, thats a task for tomorrow evening!

gary_580
08-03-2005, 00:04
yes your correct, your broadband is registered to a STB so swapping them, i would expect that the broadband will follow the STB.

You cant swap the cards over, as Nem says the card and the STB are paired.

Bill C
08-03-2005, 00:04

Just phone CS and ask for the broadband to be moved to the samsung. You cannot just move the cards :( it will not work.

Nemesis
08-03-2005, 00:08
What about move the boxes Bill ?

Bill C
08-03-2005, 00:13
What about move the boxes Bill ?

That will not work due to there only being 1 box registered for broad band. If you do page up page down then blue and look for qos that will tell you which box is HIT with broadband.the box with no bia.cm will be the one without broadband. If you phone up CS and ask them to swap to the Samsung and give them the card number they will do it for you. You will need to reregister your pid after. hope that helps