PDA

View Full Version : dissapointed

andy 1
04-03-2005, 13:21
i purchased a car last saturday from my local vauxhall dealer 6500 cash.

he told me it would be ready to drive away this afternoon,because it had to have a 114 point network q check and service.

he phoned me this morning and told me they where half way through these checks yesterday when they had a powercut and the car didn't get finished.

i went to see the salesman half an hour ago,and i could tell my car hadn't even been moved,and they where telling me porkies.

they have now told me it will be ready for 3pm tomorrow afternoon,but somehow i don't believe them.

anybody any ideas how i can get them to get on with servicing and checking my car so i can drive it off there forecourt.

in my opinion they being a so called reputable dealer shouldn't even be advertising these cars for sale if they are not ready to drive away.

thoroughly dissapointed
andy

Neil
04-03-2005, 13:26
Ring the MD of the dealership, &/or Vauxhall UK.

andy 1
04-03-2005, 13:29
thanks for the reply neil.
i'm going to do that on monday morning if i don't get the car tomorrow afternoon.

andy

orangebird
04-03-2005, 13:31
thanks for the reply neil.
i'm going to do that on monday morning if i don't get the car tomorrow afternoon.

andy

I'd do it today, to make sure you do get the car tomorrow.

Millay
04-03-2005, 13:35
Talking to the salesman just drop into the conversation hoe iportant it is that the car is ready and that you have other options etc... basically make it important to them to get the car ready for you

andy 1
04-03-2005, 13:41
Talking to the salesman just drop into the conversation hoe iportant it is that the car is ready and that you have other options etc... basically make it important to them to get the car ready for you

i've already done that i've told him i'm having to get others to run me about,i also told him my father drives a vauxhall and if he messes me about he messes my father about,and he won't be purchasing anymore vauxhalls in the future if the car is not ready tomorrow.
i suppose i want to give the salesman a chance,thats why i shan't phone vauxhall uk while monday morning.

andy

Nidge
04-03-2005, 14:50
i've already done that i've told him i'm having to get others to run me about,i also told him my father drives a vauxhall and if he messes me about he messes my father about,and he won't be purchasing anymore vauxhalls in the future if the car is not ready tomorrow.
i suppose i want to give the salesman a chance,thats why i shan't phone vauxhall uk while monday morning.

andy

Give them hell mate, I'd have held the cash back until I had the keys to he car, I'd have just paid a deposit of £1,000.