PDA

View Full Version : A Whole month and its still not installed

chaokusc
03-03-2005, 19:45
Hey peeps im new here but i though that many of you may help me on what i should do about this problem.

Last month i was on 750kb internet by the STB with the basic tv channels and phoneline (FREE Phoneline)

I phoned a month ago to get internet for both my PC and PS2 at the same time.
About 1 week later an engineer comes out and takes out my STB and hands me a modem so i complain and he puts the STB back in but did not install the modem and left because he did not have the full parts.

About 2 weeks later i get handed a HUB at 8pm at night from an ntl engineer but he did explain to put in in the modem and he left.

Another 2 weeks later after getting sick of getting nowhere.
I phone ntl and demand help to get it up and running.
On the phone they went through a few things for about an hour and guess what, im still on the STB Internet
They said they will contact billing so i dont get billed for 2 internet connections because im still on the STB Internet.
And they would phone me back but they never did.
(Its been 2 days now since i phoned them)

My modem is lying there on the shelf doing nothing at all, and the HUB is still in its box because i have no idea where to put the little bugger... it did not come with instructions and the engineer did not help because off all the wires i got mixed up all the time.

Im supposed to get a starter pack but ntl told me to phone PS2 helpline and order one from them which will take 2 months to arrive.
And thats where im stuck
Got a modem gathering dust, got my internet still on the STB, got a hub hiding in its packaging, and i got a headache with it all.

Can anyone suggest what i should do.

Thanks

paulyoung666
03-03-2005, 20:00
hi and :welcome: to the site , for starters you didnt need to get the ps2 package , secondly you could have stayed with the stb , thirdly all you needed was a router to share the connection , maybe a call to ntl to cancel the ps2 package would be in order , send them the sacm and the hub back and go and get yourself a router , they are about £30 now , hopefully that will be problem sorted , and btw , i hope you enjoy your stay here :tu: :D :D :D

chaokusc
03-03-2005, 20:06
hi and :welcome: to the site , for starters you didnt need to get the ps2 package , secondly you could have stayed with the stb , thirdly all you needed was a router to share the connection , maybe a call to ntl to cancel the ps2 package would be in order , send them the sacm and the hub back and go and get yourself a router , they are about £30 now , hopefully that will be problem sorted , and btw , i hope you enjoy your stay here :tu: :D :D :D

Although this sounds like the best idea, if i have problems then ntl will not offer support by the router if i need help and my internet connection would be really bad.

For some reason even just on my pc when i am gaming the internet just drops... i dont know if this is because of a cap or amount of connections allowed before it drops or somthing.
Once it drops i need to reboot my PC and STB.

Besides i may cancel the STB Channel package as i dont watch much tv, so modem would be the best idea.

ps.. thx 4 the welcome