PDA

View Full Version : Lost email address

johnw35
02-03-2005, 15:06
Recently upgraded from ntl dialup to STB broadband. There were installation problems which required a return visit by the engineer. This solved, he set up the connection via a DOS like 'Command' prompt rather than using the installation disk and generated a new email address for me, instead of using my existing dialup address. This vanished off the screen before I realised what he had done.
NTL bb tech support are unable to tell me what this email address is. I am happily using my pre-existing ntl address, but if I should exceed the monthly cap, will ntl email me at the address I have no record of and therefore cannot access?

Any ideas? :confused:

Paul
02-03-2005, 15:09
Well there is no confirmation they would e-mail you at all - but if this does become the way then I would expect them to start confirming peoples e-mail addresses.

nostra
02-03-2005, 15:13
you have contacted tech support already and they have told you they cannot advise you of your email address? did they tell you why?

with the current soft caps (which is very rare that anyone gets a warning) they will receive it in the post

i am not not certain what the process will be however when the new hard caps come into force

but that said with regards to email there is no reason why technical support should not be able to find your email address if one was created