PDA

View Full Version : 2 Cable Modems

westmarsh
02-03-2005, 01:26
Can you run 2 cable modems off one cable,And if so how do you set it up ,And also do you have to register the other modem for it to work

Nikko
02-03-2005, 01:42
Can you run 2 cable modems off one cable,And if so how do you set it up ,And also do you have to register the other modem for it to work

:welcome:

The answers are as follows: No, You Can't, It would help if you could but you Can't

Chris W
02-03-2005, 02:11
you can try to register a double service into one house, but unless you have different names on different acccounts- eg joint tenancy with seperate flat numbers, you won't be able to.

If you have bought a cable modem from somewhere else then don't bother trying to register it because the person you have bought it off is selling goods that don't belong to him/ her and if you purchase then you could face charges of handling stolen goods.

ian@huth
02-03-2005, 05:49
The first NTL broadband users had to buy their cable modems and would be quite free to sell them. These would not be stolen. It would not be worth buying one though as you can only use one CM per account and you get that one free with the account.

d0pey
02-03-2005, 09:38
All you do is called downstairs e.g. 53A and upstairs 53B. I concidered getting 2 cable modems a while back and was told I could do this. Our house has got more drop cables than the average BT exchange.

Neil
02-03-2005, 09:42
All you do is called downstairs e.g. 53A and upstairs 53B. I concidered getting 2 cable modems a while back and was told I could do this. Our house has got more drop cables than the average BT exchange.

But that just equates to double the cost, & that's not what the OP was trying to achieve I don't think. ;)

d0pey
02-03-2005, 09:51
Yer, shame nothing in life comes for free. ;)