PDA

View Full Version : Result!

Steevo
27-02-2005, 13:51
Well after 2 weeks of lost connection to my broadband 750k service I am now back on line! Whey hey... and about time too!:)

After 8 calls to the ntl tech help line and all blaming my computer as the problem..."your pc has a virus... "its your firewall"..."its your virus scanner" etc etc lol! :erm:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=24346
I eventually spoke to a 'Senior' technical manager, and she concluded that is WAS my line and that the modem was erm... knackered!:rolleyes:
Sent an engineer out the next day and the very helpful chap found too much power being received as well as too much noise on the line. Gave me a brand new ntl 120 (think I just missed out on the 250!) and told me to register the new mac address. Result, back to full speed now! Thankyou ntl!;)

So... I have learned so much by reading this forum and have since gained alot more technical knowledge of my computer and broadband, thanks people!;)
I just wish the ntl tech line would acknowledge my problem sooner and stop reading out their 1 to 10 'basic' computer tests that I had to do on each phone call!:rolleyes:

Well...roll on the 2MB service now! lol:D

Paul
27-02-2005, 14:09
Glad to hear you are sorted.

Halcyon
27-02-2005, 14:42
Welcome back to the Internet world of madness and mayhem.

Good you got everything sorted.

MetaWraith
27-02-2005, 20:49
glad the persistance paid off, just a pity that you had to keep pluging away so much.