PDA

View Full Version : Boots - no not the chemist

greencreeper
26-02-2005, 21:17
What's happened to them? There seems to be a national shortage. Spent an hour trailing around the White Rose centre today. All they had were:

Trainers
Trainers
Trainers
Elf shoes - the ones without laces for those who can't tie them. It's an example of how chavs influence many aspects of our lives
Clown shoes - the ones in garish, clashing colours, costing a fortune
Romper stomper boots - for the S&M guy/girl. Ideal for Saturday night head kicking
Posh boots - cost absolute fortune and look awful. The shiny black/brown sort worn by the slightly younger city gent
Designer hiking boots - for the curtain twitchers who like a gentle post-Sunday-lunch stroll at the weekend. Must not get mud on them Giles.

All I wanted was a pair of nice simple boots - black leather with laces, good sole. Ended up forking out £80+ for a pair of these hiking boots, not that I ever hike :no:

Ok, rant over :D

Earl of Bronze
26-02-2005, 21:32
You should have gone to your local army surplus store. Last pair of boots I bought where Hitec lightweight combat boots. Bloody good boots they are too, though to be honest I bought them for when I (used) to go skydiving.

Maggy
26-02-2005, 22:01
I'm thinking of getting a pair of Doc Martins.

The older I get the less I give a stuff about fashion.Give me comfort anyday. :)

greencreeper
26-02-2005, 22:30
EOB - skydiving?? My life is too mundane :( I got a pair of boot at an army surplus place years ago when I was a kid. Good boots - could wade through streams in them, no problem. I think Leeds has lost all its army stores now - just not fashion anymore.

Coggy - I heard that teaching was rough, but I didn't know it had got that bad. Time to get out I think.

gary_580
26-02-2005, 22:50

The older I get the less I give a stuff about fashion.Give me comfort anyday. :)

how about getting your head shaved too :D

Maggy
26-02-2005, 23:00
EOB - skydiving?? My life is too mundane :( I got a pair of boot at an army surplus place years ago when I was a kid. Good boots - could wade through streams in them, no problem. I think Leeds has lost all its army stores now - just not fashion anymore.

Coggy - I heard that teaching was rough, but I didn't know it had got that bad. Time to get out I think.

I never wear boots in school.They don't go with my suit. ;)

I wear them when I go shopping on a Saturday down the town. ;)

how about getting your head shaved too :D

You first! :p:

Earl of Bronze
26-02-2005, 23:20

Yeah, its a good idea to wear a boot that gives support to the ankle doring landing. Plus the boots I mentioned in my first post are lined with Gortex, so keep your feet incredibly dry even in the wettest (sp?) conditions. But as a huge bonus they are both comfortable and are surprisingly light in weight.

greencreeper
26-02-2005, 23:20
I never wear boots in school.They don't go with my suit. ;)
I envisioned you in a floral print dress Coggy, but that might be because you remind me of one of my first teachers, long, long ago when I was young.

Nidge
27-02-2005, 08:48

Best shoes on the market :D :D

fireman328
27-02-2005, 09:45
I've had a pair of Doc Martins, the elasticated slip ons, for more than 18 years they keep your feet nice and warm and they still take to being "bulled up" when required.

Ramrod
27-02-2005, 10:32

The older I get the less I give a stuff about fashion.Give me comfort anyday. :)They went out of fashion?! :erm: :shocked:

............................patient came in about a month ago with a pair of 18 holes on. reluctantly I said that they really needed to come off before she got on the treatment table.........so she reached down and unzipped them! :D

Greencreeper..................if you want a great pair of boots, try RM Williams (http://www.bootsonline.com.au/)......they are quite expensive but last a long time.......my first pair lasted five years before the leather developed a tiny split......the shop gave me a new pair! :D

greencreeper
27-02-2005, 13:51
Doc Martins are now made abroad in sweatshops rather than here in the UK. No telling how that's affected quality.

timewarrior2001
27-02-2005, 14:14
Doc Martins are now made abroad in sweatshops rather than here in the UK. No telling how that's affected quality.

Quality is fine still, recently bought a pair, must say the sweat must be helping things, they are better polished than they used to be.

ian@huth
27-02-2005, 14:20
Elf shoes - the ones without laces for those who can't tie them. It's an example of how chavs influence many aspects of our lives
Maybe it's disabled people that the shops and manufacturers are trying to cater for.

Theodoric
27-02-2005, 14:35
What's happened to them? There seems to be a national shortage. Spent an hour trailing around the White Rose centre today. <Snip>D
And it may only be a temporary shortage, if you're lucky. The style of shoe that I like has been in as short supply as hen's teeth for at least the past 20 years. What we're talking about is a plain, brown leather shoe - no decoration whatsoever - with laces and leather soles and heels.

greencreeper
27-06-2005, 18:53
Well believe it or not, I'm still hunting for a pair of boots :mis: The ones I have now have holes and let in water. The situation is desperate. Why don't shops sell boots anymore? It's a conspiracy.

Dave Stones
27-06-2005, 18:56
i have some of these: http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=High%20Boots,%206%20to%208%20Eyel et&brand=Timberland#TIMBERLAND99075

well, they are safety boots, but they are damn comfy, and very simple and black and booty... :erm:

allieyoung666
27-06-2005, 18:59
Have you tried www.arco.co.uk (http://www.arco.co.uk)
I have my sexy black docs and I love them!!! I have had them for 5 yrs and they still look like new

Ramrod
27-06-2005, 19:02

The older I get the less I give a stuff about fashion.Give me comfort anyday. :) But Docs are fashionable :tu: :)

allieyoung666
27-06-2005, 19:04
Yeah there mega cool, I have 2 pairs and they are fab in the winter, nice and cosy

Ramrod
27-06-2005, 19:05
RM Williams (http://www.denewear.co.uk/shop.cfm?category=R%20M%20WILLIAMS%20MEN%27S%20BOO TS) are very good as well..........
Official site (http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.asp?pageid=2E6B299F55B297E8)

Maggy
27-06-2005, 20:16
Well believe it or not, I'm still hunting for a pair of boots :mis: The ones I have now have holes and let in water. The situation is desperate. Why don't shops sell boots anymore? It's a conspiracy.

Wrong season.Wait until July then the shops will be full of winter overcoats and boots.Of course swimwear will have been removed as will the sandals. :D

allieyoung666
27-06-2005, 20:18
You need to go to an outward bound shop, such as blacks, dont you have any factory outlets near you???

Jules
27-06-2005, 21:15
Green go to the market and on the out side next to the fish shop they had some boots in

greencreeper
27-06-2005, 22:05
I think more than a few people on this site have hidden S&M interests :D

You need to go to an outward bound shop, such as blacks, dont you have any factory outlets near you???
There's Freeport. I keep badgering my mate to take me but his girlfriend is very clingy.

whyme - the Post Office side or the other side?

ellie
27-06-2005, 22:21
Boots! ...Love thigh high black shiny ones https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/09/1.gif

Oops ...Wrong thread I think https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/08/13.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/15.gif

greencreeper
28-06-2005, 00:04
Oops ...Wrong thread I think
Maybe not given the way the thread's going :D

Halcyon
28-06-2005, 02:42
We have 2 boots stores. I guess we are lucky. One of them has a chemist too and is packed with a perfume shop, sandwhich shop, etc.
I dont know how people can stand it in there working all day. That perfume smell would give me a headache.

I think they ar elacking upstairs though. On the first floor they seem to sell old personal electric organisers, pots and pans, and cassettes as well as a couple few CD's. Slightly living in the past I think.

On the other corner we have another boots that do nice sandwhich's and men's products.
Oh in fact we have 3, one in the Shires shopping centre too.
Yay LOL