PDA

View Full Version : Disconnection

biggaydog
21-02-2005, 20:39
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me (on behalf of my dad) where to write to get his ntl line disconnected?

He lives in Market Harborough, Leicestershire (area code 01858).

He has been calling a 0800 number which was provided by getting through to customer services. However, when ringing it he gets through the menu system(s) and then it just gives a constant engaged tone.

Can anyone help?

PLEASE!?!?!

Steve

Paul
21-02-2005, 23:36
I'm sure one of our staff members will be able to tell you.

Tezcatlipoca
22-02-2005, 00:28
The cancellations ("customer retentions" ?) number is 0800 052 1474 - is that the number he's been phoning?

If not, try that.

It's only open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm though. And it can take a while to get through....

An address...

Is there an address on the back of your dad's ntl bill? Write to that, giving 30days notice. Best to send it Recorded Delivery.

timaeus
22-02-2005, 21:20
I'm also considering cancelling all my services soon. I've got a Manchester address on the back of my bill but I've read in another thread there's nobody in Manchester who can perform cancellations any longer. Apparently the disconnections department is somewhere in Teeside. Any truth in this?
If the correct address for disconnections is Teeside can anyone provide the address to write to?

Highlander
04-03-2005, 16:54
My 12 month broadband with NTL is up in the middle of April. I am moving out of the apt on 31st March and there is no cable access at my new address.

Today I phoned NTL (Customer Relations dept on 0800 052 0511) to confirm what I was required to do in order to cancel my contract when the 12 months is up. The person took my details and made a note on the account to say the broadband access should be shut down when the 12 months is up.

I asked if I should write to NTL to confirm I was cancelling. I was told I didn't have to - that it was a new policy that cancellation could be done over the phone. She did say a written letter was required in the past. The person did take my new address.

Hope this helps. I will be cancelling my direct debit as soon as my final payment has left my account - so I'll wait and see if I am billed after mid April.

FYI - I have been very happy with NTL. The broadband was installed on the day they said it would be and the broadband service has been great. I have never had to call support once. They even increased my access from 512kb to 750kb as well during the contract!

shredder
08-03-2005, 13:12
The correct address for cancelling is
ntl Customer Relations
PO Box 3987
Coventry
CV1 9AS

Neil
08-03-2005, 13:46
The correct address for cancelling is
ntl Customer Relations
PO Box 3987
Coventry
CV1 9AS

I thought it was to the address on the back of the bill/invoice?

shredder
08-03-2005, 14:46
no not anymore neil it's been regionalised if you send it to the address on the bill you will just need to wait until it has been forwarded to the coventry address

timaeus
08-03-2005, 20:44
Thanks for the info shredder.

However I must say this new procedure is typical of ntl's imcompetence. If they put the Coventry address on the back of my bill then it would save a whole lot of hassle. Where is the sense in telling customers to write to an address only for the letter to be forwarded to a different part of the country??? This just means more postage costs for ntl, and more delays for the customer.:mad:

I sometimes wonder which individuals at ntl think up these pointless procedures. :dunce:

Please dont think I'm moaning at you shredder, I'm grateful for your response.:tu:
I'm just having a rant at the morons in ntl management who seem to enjoy making things more awkward than necessary for both employees and customers alike.

shredder
08-03-2005, 21:08
no offense taken, i completely understand where you are coming from, it's not unusual to come in for a shift to find some random, new procedure in place making something that did work, no longer work!

argents121
22-03-2005, 16:48
:monkey: Shredder, You seem to know ur stuff about NTL. Quick question, I have been trying to get £100 back off them for 9months now and i've been passed around every department on offer.

The last one, Customer Relations said I have to write a letter (I called today) and the address was NTL Cust Rel, PO BOX 713 Stockton. PS18 3WL. I checked on the internet and this postcode does not exist.

Any chance they are just lying to me to get me off the phone? I'm one angry mo fo and have spent over 4 hrs on the phone to them. What do I do?

paulyoung666
22-03-2005, 19:01
:monkey: Shredder, You seem to know ur stuff about NTL. Quick question, I have been trying to get £100 back off them for 9months now and i've been passed around every department on offer.

The last one, Customer Relations said I have to write a letter (I called today) and the address was NTL Cust Rel, PO BOX 713 Stockton. PS18 3WL. I checked on the internet and this postcode does not exist.

Any chance they are just lying to me to get me off the phone? I'm one angry mo fo and have spent over 4 hrs on the phone to them. What do I do?

whats the £100 for ???? , was it a security payment to g'tee they got paid ??? :erm: , :welcome: to the site btw :)

ThePinkRat
22-03-2005, 19:57

Don't know about NTL, but Stockton postcodes start "TS" for Teesside

gavnad
22-03-2005, 23:35
2 retentions teams,coventry for sabs billed and teeside for ICMS!

timaeus
23-03-2005, 21:36
How do you know which billing system you are on? Is there any way a customer can tell just by looking at the bill?

I've heard a bit about the disastrous 'Harmony' project. How does this fit in with SABS and ICMS? I'm guessing Harmony was supposed to merge the two together but for some reason this hasn't happened. Perhaps everything has been put on hold until the Telewest merger is complete?

argents121
29-03-2005, 14:37
whats the £100 for ???? , was it a security payment to g'tee they got paid ??? :erm: , :welcome: to the site btw :)

Thanks Shredder, The £100 was taken after I disconnected. I only noticed after 4 months at £25 a month. I'm still connected but I cancelled the direct debit to them. They think they are still taking money off me. I found a friend who works there and he recons he can sort it all. And a bit of extra cash for my troubles ;).Being NTL though, I ave some serious doubts :rolleyes:

shredder
29-03-2005, 15:48
hello argents, good luck with that! i work in faults so i wouldn't be of much help with the billing side, i have a few friends in cmr services so i'll have a go if you get nowhere on this route!