PDA

View Full Version : upgradeing 1 box to sky+

iain_herts
20-02-2005, 10:37
hi all i have 2 digi box's 1 upstairs and 1 down stairs now my mum want to upgrade the one down stairs.she called sky this morring about it and they wanted £200 for a sky+ box plus £60 installltion.the thing is they do it for £150 on thir site with multi room but we already have that wen my mum said wot if we got the box our self and the person said we would need to change the wires aswell now we are stuck any help.

thanks

Derek
20-02-2005, 10:45
You could buy a bare box from: http://www.simplydigital.co.uk/acatalog/Sky_Plus_Receivers.html

They can supply it with or without a Quad LNB (you might already have one if you have multiroom) and you would need to run a second cable from the dish to wherever the Sky+ box would be.

An alternative would be to buy the bare box and get a local installer to change the LNB and run the cable.

Once its in all you need to do is call Sky and get them to activate the recording features on your new box.

zoombini
20-02-2005, 16:21
Do sky charge to activate them?

Derek
20-02-2005, 17:10
As long as you have 2 or more premium channels it is free of charge. If you only have the basic or family pack then it will cost you £10.00

The actual activation is free of charge as far as I know.