PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames

Russ
18-02-2005, 11:25
What's the daftest or most original nickname you've heard of or ever had?

I used to work with a guy called William Williams - we called him Billy Twice.

Mr_love_monkey
18-02-2005, 11:28
A guy in our Glasgow office, is called Iain, but he's referred to as 'Eeky' - why? - because one of the other guys there used to work with someone else in another office - who was called Iain, but his nickname was 'Eeky' so as a result anyone called Iain is now usually referred to as 'Eeky'...

Maybe it's a Scottish thing :)

STONEISLAND
18-02-2005, 11:30
My initials are BJ and I had a mate that use to call me.........

Blow Job :mad: very childish I know. :dozey:

but no one calls me that since I reached adulthood. :D

Thank God :angel:

And no jokes from you guys :(

Paul
18-02-2005, 11:35
I was known as "telecom" (or "tele") for years locally, probably still am to some people.

Wolf
18-02-2005, 11:36
i came back to the UK after being in South Africa and had to do my GCSEs from age 16 so needless to say i was more developed than the others. When getting changed one day for PE a m8 started howling at me cause i had a hairy chest. From that day on i was called Wolf. Even in general chatting i was referred to by that name.

A friend in works name is Mike but often we call him Moke.....haven't a clue why.

Russ
18-02-2005, 11:36
A bit like a girl I once worked with who was called Bev - we'd call her Bov :shrug:

skyblueheroes
18-02-2005, 11:38
Keeno as its a take on my surname.

A friends surname is Miller, so he gets called Windy. Similary I have a friend with a surname of Griffin who gets called Griff. People occasionally use his first name, which throws me as I've used Griff for years.

Millay
18-02-2005, 11:48
Im always called Millay (its the way to prounounce my surname) only customers, familly and girlfriends call em by my first name.

My latest nickname is Lord Rickay, since shortend to Rickets.

Id be worried if everyone started calling me Andy

ikthius
18-02-2005, 11:50
there is a guy in my work, who just floats about and is whiter than white, his nickname is ghosty

ik

the weirdest was a nickname I got in primary school, I had sticky out ears as a kid and I got called everything earso, big ears, scottish cup, but the best......and I had to laugh, as people can be thick was....... world cup!

Stuart
18-02-2005, 12:11
Well, one person who used to work with us earned the nickname "gimpy". Not quite sure how (and TBH. I don't want to know).

Another bloke was called "Rentboy" because the first four letters of his surname were Rent.

Another guy at work has earned the nickname "Welsh" because he went to a boarding school in North Wales (BTW, he is English).

Graham
18-02-2005, 13:29
I used to work for a friend called Andy.

Then another guy joined up, also called Andy, but since "there could be only one! :) ) and the second Andy had a very floppy sort of haircut, he got tagged with Tracy because "he looked like a Tracy"!

punky
18-02-2005, 13:41
A girl in the flat about me in Halls of Residence we called Dave. Because she was as smart as Trigger, and looked like Rodney, so as Trigger always calls Rodney, Dave (In Only Fools And Horses), we called her Dave.

gary_580
18-02-2005, 13:54
A guy in our Glasgow office, is called Iain, but he's referred to as 'Eeky' - why? - because one of the other guys there used to work with someone else in another office - who was called Iain, but his nickname was 'Eeky' so as a result anyone called Iain is now usually referred to as 'Eeky'...

Maybe it's a Scottish thing :)

I used to work with an Iain too, he ended up being called Cyclops. As you would expect people always spelt his name with one I and on one occaasion he said, "I've got two eyes, im not a Cyclops"

dilli-theclaw
18-02-2005, 13:56
In various places I have been known as Jessica and Jasmine....

If I get drunk enough later I may let you know why :)

Ramrod
18-02-2005, 14:31
In various places I have been known as Jessica and Jasmine....

If I get drunk enough later I may let you know why :)
This I have to see..........someone PM me if Dilli 'spills the beans' :D

bopdude
18-02-2005, 14:40
I used to called ' garby ' it was a shortened version of garbage bin, for the simple reason, just like now, back then I used to eat all sorts of :erm: objects :shrug: ;)

dilli-theclaw
18-02-2005, 14:44
This I have to see..........someone PM me if Dilli 'spills the beans' :D

we'll have to see how drunk I get :)

Tezcatlipoca
18-02-2005, 14:47
Ones I've had...

"Doddy" - as my surname is "Dodd".

"Scrappy" - my first mobile phone did the short "Scrappy Do" music whenever it received a text message.

"Psycho" - some of my friends at Uni used to use this :erm:

"Tez" - short for "Tezcatlipoca", which I use as my XBoxLive GamerTag, & used to have as my username here at CF.

Stuart
18-02-2005, 14:55
A girl in the flat about me in Halls of Residence we called Dave. Because she was as smart as Trigger, and looked like Rodney, so as Trigger always calls Rodney, Dave (In Only Fools And Horses), we called her Dave.

My old boss had the nickname Rodney. His name is actually Dave, but one of our security cards thought it was funny..

On old friend of mine (haven't seen her in about 3 years), called Jess had the nickname Kevin. Basically because when she was a teenager and something she didn't like happened, she'd throw a strop and shout "It's soooooo unfair".

Oh, and another friend's boyfriend has the nickname "Geeky" (guess what he is into), but the bizarre thing is that because everyone, including my friend (his girlfriend) calls him Geeky all the time, I actually don't know his real name.

Ramrod
18-02-2005, 15:04
A guy at school was called 'Eggy' because in the first year he once did an eggy smelling fart............the name stuck till he left school (and perhaps beyond) :disturbd: .........even the teachers called him Eggy :D

Graham M
18-02-2005, 15:10
"Scrappy" - my first mobile phone did the short "Scrappy Do" music whenever it received a text message.

Phillips C12 by any chance?

People have started calling me Zeph a lot at college, simply because its the name i use everywhere on the net.

Millay
18-02-2005, 15:24
Itss quite funny but myself and my mate, always refer to people whos names we don't know as Doris or DAve depending on sex. Any of our friends who have girlfriends are always called doris, we found this was a great way for not getitng into trouble for not using the wrong name when some of our more promiscuose friends brought new partners out..

Tezcatlipoca
18-02-2005, 15:26
Phillips C12 by any chance?

Yep, that's the one.

punky
18-02-2005, 16:34
Oh, and another friend's boyfriend has the nickname "Geeky" (guess what he is into), but the bizarre thing is that because everyone, including my friend (his girlfriend) calls him Geeky all the time, I actually don't know his real name.

I hope he doesn't get it from the original meaning (a geek was the name given to circus performers that bit the heads off live chickens and stuff).

Stuart
18-02-2005, 16:37
I hope he doesn't get it from the original meaning (a geek was the name given to circus performers that bit the heads off live chickens and stuff).

It's quite possible he does bite the heads of chickens (I don't know him that well, she keeps him seperate from the rest of her friends), but I suspect it's more to do with his Computer Science degree.

:D

iadom
18-02-2005, 16:42
A friend from way back was called Tim Kershaw, he was know as the "Kersh from his mummies womb" :)

Halcyon
21-02-2005, 13:31
"Sonic" was a nickname I was called back in school as I had spikey hair.

Chris
21-02-2005, 14:23
Had a friend called Helen whose nickname was Kev, after the teenager, same reason as with Stu's friend ... :D

Once went on CCF camp with a girl who had the misfortune to get the nickname Bob for the duration of the camp. It was not long after that episode of Blackadder with a character called Kate trying to pass herself off as a man called Bob, so you can imagine how our friend Kate ended up getting called Bob.

Me ... the only nickname that ever stuck was Towny, as used by some of the kids at the youth group I used to run. It was my name here for a while too.

Nemesis
21-02-2005, 14:24
Had a friend called Helen whose nickname was Kev, after the teenager, same reason as with Stu's friend ... :D

Once went on CCF camp with a girl who had the misfortune to get the nickname Bob for the duration of the camp. It was not long after that episode of Blackadder with a character called Kate trying to pass herself off as a man called Bob, so you can imagine how our friend Kate ended up getting called Bob.

Me ... the only nickname that ever stuck was Towny, as used by some of the kids at the youth group I used to run. It was my name here for a while too.

You forgot "Scally" ;)

TheBlueRaja
21-02-2005, 15:04
My mates call me Plates coz i have big feet, size 11 :shrug:, even though one of them has bigger feet than me.

Buggers!