PDA

View Full Version : 2Meg here we come!

kidder
17-02-2005, 13:12
So, I just bought Telewest 2meg - it's getting installed on Wed 23rd. Can't wait. Just now i have free-online 512k, which was good last year but it is pretty slow now. I got loads of errored seconds too, which was a pain in the ass, and free-online said it was to do with my phone wiring in the house. But thats in the past now, and ahead of me is 2meg! Really poor upload though, 256k. Does anybody have TW 4mb? I'm really considering getting it in maybe a month or 2, see how 2meg treats me. I also noticed last year that TW were upgrading customers a few times, I wonder if theres any plans to do the same this year.

Caspar
17-02-2005, 13:47
:welcome: to CableForum :D

256K upload is the average....bar the new 300K...you'll struggle to find a better upload ebyond going SADSL or some fancy business option...

kidder
17-02-2005, 14:28
Hey. The only thing i can see faster at the moment is TW 4meg, which has an upload of 384k - not much of an improvement. The fact that TW 2meg is like 8:1, download:upload. TW 4meg is over 10:1. I wonder how badly torrent will download on the sort of connection.