PDA

View Full Version : NTL was a pain in the butt

shibby
17-02-2005, 12:31
Since me and my parents moved this weeked we had our ntl disconected on the monday. we had an ntl engineer come and install 2 new boxes and run an extra cable in to the lounge for the telephone line.

so that all went well now

my box in my room has the broadband. 5 mins after the engineer left my box has frozen, everytime i restarted it frozen. so a supervisor comes out, plugs in his gizmo at the back of the box, said it was fine and the cableing was the problem. let stop there how can the cableing freeze a box after a few mins of usage? if the cable was a dud wouldn't it not work in the first place.
so the guy that came and did the installation came back and replaced the cableing because his supervisor said do it. his personal view was it was the box, he would of replaced it but he didn't have any new ones. still after the new cable it had froze again.

so the guy again come back this morning and he was able to grab a brand new samsung box of another team. he installed it. and my digtal and broadband are now working perfect without any problems. the box is much quicker then the pace ones.

he was really helpfull and also apoligised for the problems we had.

my dad was pretty close on getting rid of NTL. we've been with them for over 10 years

New box at installation: Pace 1000
Replacement box: Samsung.

Raistlin
17-02-2005, 12:32
The Samsung boxes are definately better than the Pace ones. I had a Pace one at my old house and had nothing but trouble with it, the Samsung I have now has been great.

orangebird
17-02-2005, 12:37
<snip>my dad was pretty close on getting rid of NTL. we've been with them for over 10 years

New box at installation: Pace 1000
Replacement box: Samsung.

ntl aren't ten years old.... :erm:

Raistlin
17-02-2005, 12:39

No, but sometimes I wonder :D

bob_builder
17-02-2005, 12:50
I am guessing they meant NTL (and their predecessors).

dr wadd
17-02-2005, 12:52

No, according to NTL's own FAQ they are 12 years old, although there has been a name change along the way.

http://www.ntl.com/mediacentre/thecompany/faq/

shibby
17-02-2005, 13:28
we were with nynex, then it was cable and wireless now it is ntl

humphreys barmy
21-02-2005, 15:01
Could some one please advise me. Things are getting frustrating, desperate, and down right annoying.

This might not be the right place to put the note, but Orangebird, who seems to know what they're talking about has visited before.

I've been trying to get my ****** Tv account cancelled, and cancelled properly ever since the 30 day period was given to ntl in October. For every single month thereafter, I've been forced to make phone calls, and get exasperated because the system doesn't get resolved, despite continuous promises that I'll never receive another bill again. The last time being Valentines day.:mad: :mad:

I've practiced what i've preached, and written to complain keeping copies of course, and getting proof of postage.

Just out of curiosity I looked at the terms and conditions on the web site to see how long the complaints service have to reply to letters. Surprise, surprise. It doesn't say.

Then followed the news, that there is no record of my letter being rec'd marked on the computer system, and no record of the valentines day conversation. :mad: :mad: :mad:

This conversation formed a big part of the complaint, and now I fully expect yet another bill in March for the TV.

I nwant this stopped, but how !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When does this start to be harrasment ?

orangebird
21-02-2005, 15:07
<Snip>

Call the md for your region direct. They'll sort it for you. If you want to pm me your postcode, I'll fnd the right number?

Neil
21-02-2005, 15:48
Call the md for your region direct. They'll sort it for you. If you want to pm me your postcode, I'll fnd the right number?

The 'Bird speaks the truth!

List of people at top of ntl 'tree' ( :angel: ) here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28 (there aren't regional MD's anymore)

orangebird
21-02-2005, 15:53
The 'Bird speaks the truth!

<snip>(there aren't regional MD's anymore)

Vas A is still Direct for South and Central.... :erm: