PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my SACM at night!?

N00N00
15-02-2005, 03:42
I have a 300K conncetion and SACM.

The connection fails competely almost every day, and it almost always happens at night. For example, it went off at about 10pm tonight and came back just after 3am!

It has failed in the daytime once before, but the problem almost always occurs at night and seems to be increasingly regular.

I've no idea what is going on - all the lights seem to work on the modem,and i have tried unplugging everying to reset things but it never works even though i have tried quite a few times - is there a specific order that would be best?

I expect the cable modem is dying, though i guess it could be a problem that affects the whole street.

Going to phone customer services but they're never much use for such complicated problems, and i realise they probably won't beleive me as they probably get lots of people phoning up when it is a problem with their own hardware.

Anyone have any advice or heard of anything similar?

thanks

Toto
15-02-2005, 11:09
I used to get a regular connection drop on my SB4100 modem back in 2001. It took a line pull (new line from the cabinet to my home) to cure the problem. Since then my modem has worked fine, apart from planned outages of course.

Tech support may be able to throw some light on the matter for you.

quadplay
15-02-2005, 12:13
It may be a cabling issue - but then it may not! Best bet is for you to ring Technical Support (not Customer Services) when it's not working, and after a reboot. They're open until Midnight every day, on 0845 650 0121 if you're on the Langley network, 0845 650 0925 if you're on the Bromley network.

If you're not sure which network you're on, post the first half of your postcode here...

N00N00
15-02-2005, 14:21
Thanks for the advice. I am ex cwc - which platform is that?

Neil
15-02-2005, 14:24
Thanks for the advice. I am ex cwc - which platform is that?

Bromley.