PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobiwan
04-09-2003, 16:30
I keep getting dropped out of xbox live games and i don't not what is wrong,

I am running of the ntl 600k line which is plugged directly in to my Linksys BEFSR41 router then i have got my PC and 2 xbox's plugged into the router i keep getting dropped from game when the PC is off and when the PC is on and i also get dropped when both the xbox's are on and when only one xbox is on.

Any advice would be very help on how to fix my problem.

Thanks

Lobiwan

Boom
04-09-2003, 16:47
Tez, where are you to help this man?

Lobi, if Tez isn't around to help by the time I get home (or someone else hasn't helped), I'll give you some help on msn when I get home.

Tezcatlipoca
04-09-2003, 17:29
*Tez sneaks on the net when he's meant to be working*

Hi Lobi, & welcome to nthellworld! :wavey:

Have you changed anything at all recently with your set-up?

Do both XBoxs drop the connection, or just the one?

What version firmware does your router have?

You could try changing cables, & also changing sockets on the router, to try to narrow things down.

Your set-up is similar to mine (except I only have 1 XBox on my Linksys router), & I had what may be a similar problem late last year: I would get connection errors in XBL & then get dropped, and it also affected my PC's connection too. I narrowed it down, & it wasn't the modem & wasn't the cables: it turned out to be the router.

The way I solved my problem was to do a full reset of the router, to "clear it out" - I turned off the router & modem for at least 5 minutes, & then turned them back on (modem 1st, let it boot, then router, & let that start up before trying the XBox or PC).

It is also worth upgrading your router to the latest firmware.

You can get the firmware from www.linksys.com (Support>Downloads>choose your product>Firmware)

If your router already has the latest firmware, it may still be worth re-installing it incase the firmware upload was corrupted in some way when you did it before (as that would've screwed things up & could cause these problems).

Let us know how you get on.

Lobiwan
04-09-2003, 17:58
Both Xbox's drop

Firmware Version: 1.43.3Z, Nov 15 2002 i can't seem to download any other versions ofr some reason

i have changed the cables and that has no effect,

its not the modem because i have do a direct setup from my xbox to the modem and i didn;t get dropped then, i have tried different plugs and that didn't work

i have change some of the options in the advance Tab in the Linksys setup, and i haven't been dropped out of any games yet, but time will tell.

Thanks for the help mate.

1-Winged-Angel
05-09-2003, 15:37
The firmwire you have is fine, the lastest one is buggy and not reccomended.

Nemesis
05-09-2003, 16:14
Is it possible it's to do with the current NTL fault mentioned in another thread ?

Tezcatlipoca
05-09-2003, 18:47
Originally posted by Lobiwan
Both Xbox's drop

Firmware Version: 1.43.3Z, Nov 15 2002 i can't seem to download any other versions ofr some reason

i have changed the cables and that has no effect,

its not the modem because i have do a direct setup from my xbox to the modem and i didn;t get dropped then, i have tried different plugs and that didn't work

i have change some of the options in the advance Tab in the Linksys setup, and i haven't been dropped out of any games yet, but time will tell.

Thanks for the help mate.

Not the modem & not the cables, & the PC works fine? Sounds like it is the router, then.

Firmware:

Here are two links to the latest 2 versions, 1.44.2 & 1.45.6.

1-winged-angel says that the very latest is buggy, but you could still upgrade to 1.44.2 at least.

Firmware version 1.44.2: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/befsr-fw-1442z.zip

Firmware version 1.45.6: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/befsr41/befsr-fw-1456.zip

Try version 1.44.2, & also try turning the router off for at least 5 minutes.

What options did you change in the advanced tab?

Originally posted by 1-Winged-Angel
The firmwire you have is fine, the lastest one is buggy and not reccomended.

He could try the one before the latest one, though. May help, as it is more recent than the one he has (& the firmware he has could have been corrupted somehow).

Originally posted by Nemesis
Is it possible it's to do with the current NTL fault mentioned in another thread ?

You never know. Maybe. I have no idea where Coalville is, though.

From what Lobi says, it sounds like it's something to do with his router.

But it may be NTL. Other people have had problems today, although they all seem to be totally unable to connect to XBL, whereas Lobiwan can connect but gets dropped sometimes.

1-Winged-Angel
06-09-2003, 18:52
yeah, try the "1.44.2z, Dec 13 2002" firmwire

Reddevil63
06-09-2003, 22:28
I upgraded to the 1.45.6 firmware and have had no problems.

1-Winged-Angel
08-09-2003, 00:11
strange, when I upgraded it refused to play halflife and most of my other game, I could have used port forwarding but i just downgraded and all is fine now

Reddevil63
08-09-2003, 15:41
I don't use my computer anymore for gaming so maybe thats why I haven't had any problems.

Xbox is my preferred choice!:D

Caspar
08-09-2003, 15:48
Originally posted by Reddevil63
I don't use my computer anymore for gaming so maybe thats why I haven't had any problems.

Xbox is my preferred choice!:D

ditto - I've got an Radeon 9700 128mb! and only use it for 2D!....

XBOX is so much more richer, with voice and all :D

Reddevil63
08-09-2003, 17:55
Here! Here! :)