PDA

View Full Version : KitKat Vs McDonalds Fries (saturated fat)

etccarmageddon
09-02-2005, 07:45
Recently KitKat updated their labels with more detailed nutritional info - now instead of just the fat content the saturated fat content is also listed.

It appears a 4 finger KitKat has more saturated fat than 2 portions of large McDonalds fries!

KitKat (4 finger bar) - 8.7grams Saturated Fat

McDonalds Fries (Large) - 3.9grams Saturated Fat

:Yikes:

nffc
09-02-2005, 07:49
Not surprising, after all chocolate is made from milk and chips are fried in vegetable [unsaturated] fat.

etccarmageddon
09-02-2005, 08:11
so those who like chocy bar with their tea break at work might consume a fair number of chocky bars in a day - I'd expect people to be surprised at the amount of saturated fat they are taking in.

:(

nffc
09-02-2005, 08:21
so those who like chocy bar with their tea break at work might consume a fair number of chocky bars in a day - I'd expect people to be surprised at the amount of saturated fat they are taking in.

:(

Not when, as I say, it's made from milk.

etccarmageddon
09-02-2005, 09:07
there was a time when I'd get through 4-5 chocky bars each day.

Earl of Bronze
09-02-2005, 16:01
Recently KitKat updated their labels with more detailed nutritional info - now instead of just the fat content the saturated fat content is also listed.

It appears a 4 finger KitKat has more saturated fat than 2 portions of large McDonalds fries!

KitKat (4 finger bar) - 8.7grams Saturated Fat

McDonalds Fries (Large) - 3.9grams Saturated Fat

:Yikes:

Thats rather more than I expected, to be honest.

Then again, if it worries you, you could eat like a rabbit and live to be 100 years old. Then again all the healthy food will do for you at than age is allow you to live longer into sinility (sp?) and incontenance. Sweet.... ;)

On the other hand you could stop worring about all the crap we eat trying to kill us, and get on with enjoyng this life. :D

ian@huth
09-02-2005, 16:10
Not surprising, after all chocolate is made from milk and chips are fried in vegetable [unsaturated] fat.
Not all chocolate contains milk and chips taste better if fried in beef dripping. :)

Shaun
09-02-2005, 16:23
If you like chocolate and want less fat in it try Green and Blacks dark chocolate. :)

ian@huth
09-02-2005, 16:39
If you want vegan chocolate try http://www.veganfamily.co.uk/chocolate.html

etccarmageddon
09-02-2005, 16:52
I'm now gonna have a large fries during my work tea breaks!

Tezcatlipoca
09-02-2005, 23:49
If you like chocolate and want less fat in it try Green and Blacks dark chocolate. :)

Green & Blacks.... Perfect chocolate :drool:

Mmm, & their drinking choc is great too, so much better than Cadbury's etc.

Raistlin
09-02-2005, 23:51
So I take it, then, that we would be better off developing a chocolate made with vegetable oil instead of milk?

:D

Tezcatlipoca
10-02-2005, 00:04
Bah. Who cares about the fat content. I'd rather eat chocolate than McDonalds.

homealone
10-02-2005, 00:05
So I take it, then, that we would be better off developing a chocolate made with vegetable oil instead of milk?

:D

no - forget the milk & vegetable oil, they are only there to dilute the chocolate ;)

Paul
10-02-2005, 00:15
Bah. Who cares about the fat content. I'd rather eat chocolate than McDonalds.Well in the case of McDonalds fries, I would agree - I hate thin chips. However, you can gimme a load of McNuggets and a Flurry instead of a Kit Kat any day :D

nffc
10-02-2005, 00:19
Bah. Who cares about the fat content. I'd rather eat chocolate than McDonalds.Well in the case of McDonalds fries, I would agree - I hate thin chips. However, you can gimme a load of McNuggets and a Flurry instead of a Kit Kat any day :D

Hmm, I love thin chips.

And... chicken nuggets = chicken skin and all the sh''tty bits no-one wants to buy :sick:

etccarmageddon
11-02-2005, 08:30
they've improved nuggets at McDonalds - only the finest chicken breasts now! or something like that. also the fat content is very low.

9 nuggets = 1.4grams of saturated fat.

the Grilled Chicken Flatbread has .43 grams of saturated fat.
very impressive.

Ramrod
11-02-2005, 08:33
Hmm, I love thin chips.
You mean 'fries'.........get it right! :p: :D

Mr_love_monkey
11-02-2005, 08:48
Then again, if it worries you, you could eat like a rabbit and live to be 100 years old.

Yeah, live to a 100, and then die of boredom :)