PDA

View Full Version : Removing Spare STB

ntluser
04-09-2003, 14:42
At present we have a main STB and a spare STB running the family, sport and movies packs and 600k broadband.

The spare STB is used by my daughter who is reaching the age when she may be leaving home. That being the case we would probably want to get rid of the spare STB.

Can someone tell me what this involves and what it would cost please?

scrotnig
04-09-2003, 14:53
Originally posted by ntluser
At present we have a main STB and a spare STB running the family, sport and movies packs and 600k broadband.

The spare STB is used by my daughter who is reaching the age when she may be leaving home. That being the case we would probably want to get rid of the spare STB.

Can someone tell me what this involves and what it would cost please?

There is no charge for removing an additional set top box, this can be processed easily for you. The remaining box will then function as normal. All that happens is we book an appointment for the set top box to be collected by our engineers.

If you wish to, you can also transfer the broadband service from the 'spare' box to the main one.

You can get this organised by calling 0800 052 0512 in the NW region.

ntluser
04-09-2003, 15:40
Originally posted by Mark B
There is no charge for removing an additional set top box, this can be processed easily for you. The remaining box will then function as normal. All that happens is we book an appointment for the set top box to be collected by our engineers.

If you wish to, you can also transfer the broadband service from the 'spare' box to the main one.

You can get this organised by calling 0800 052 0512 in the NW region.

Thanks for that, Mark. Useful to know when the time comes!!

Oz_Arnold
05-12-2003, 16:16

I wanted to ask pretty much the same thing but it would be both boxes not just the spare. Will the engineer definitely expect to remove it himself, as I've got Sky coming and I'll want them both moved to get the Sky Digibox in the space instead? Will they also yank the cable from the white wallbox or leave them tied up in case we decide to come back?

Thanks

SMHarman
05-12-2003, 17:02
Will leave all cables in place.

I think they disconnect in the green street cabinet though so you won't get any service (analogue C1-4) through it.

th'engineer
05-12-2003, 18:18
You have to give it to NW CS its really improved, could it be that Whistling Dixy has moved on to other jobs :)