PDA

View Full Version : Limited Technical Support!

Chris W
07-02-2005, 21:26
Don't bother ringing technical support tonight!!! From ntlworld's server support page...

Please be aware, Due to essential systems maintenance, we are only able to offer limited technical support at this time.

The agent that you speak to will be unable to access your individual account details, and so will be unable to help with issues specific to your account.

We will also be unable to supply or register a newly installed Cable Modem or Set Top Box for the duration of the work.

New ntlworld customers will be unable to complete registration and existing customers will be unable to modify any exisiting account details.

Full support will resume tomorrow morning, Tuesday the 7th of February.

Our opening times are 8:00 AM to Midnight 7 Days a week.
However, we are less busy between 1pm and 5pm.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause.

:)

goldoni
07-02-2005, 22:08
Thanks for the info, but have they got their dates wrong :confused: :D

nostra
07-02-2005, 22:12
yep they do :p

squealy
07-02-2005, 22:20
Hmm, I phoned them a short while ago to be told that their systems were down. They told me to call back in an hour though. I wonder if they'd say that if it were a freephone number I was calling.

Chris W
07-02-2005, 22:56
Hmm, I phoned them a short while ago to be told that their systems were down. They told me to call back in an hour though. I wonder if they'd say that if it were a freephone number I was calling.

there will be no point ringing back until tomorrow because everything is offline until at least midnight tonight.

Also an 0845 number is only lo:call rate so i doubt ntl actually make any money out of it :rolleyes:

Neil
07-02-2005, 23:31
Please be aware, Due to essential systems maintenance, we are only able to offer limited technical support at this time.

Must....resist..... :disturbd:

Chris W
07-02-2005, 23:36
Must....resist..... :disturbd:
:ninja: resisting is a good idea :D

Neil
07-02-2005, 23:42
:ninja: resisting is a good idea :D

It's no good......

we are only able to offer limited technical support at any time.

Sorry! :angel: :D

Chris W
07-02-2005, 23:48
It's no good......

[/size]

Sorry! :angel: :D

:blah: :knock: :blah:

:Peace: :ninja: :nono: :redcard:

:D

ps i like smilies :p:

Raistlin
08-02-2005, 01:58
It was this bit that got me:

Full support will resume tomorrow morning

So, how will we know that the problems have fixed - I'm guessing we won't see much difference between "limited" support and "Full support" :D

orangebird
08-02-2005, 11:04
Good way to go Neil and Raistlin, if you want to **** off the tech support guys that DO put the effort in on this site..... :rolleyes:

Neil
08-02-2005, 11:15
Good way to go Neil and Raistlin, if you want to **** off the tech support guys that DO put the effort in on this site..... :rolleyes:

:nono:

There were plenty of smilies involved, & clearly Monkeybreath (for example) wasn't offended.

orangebird
08-02-2005, 11:27
:nono:

There were plenty of smilies involved, & clearly Monkeybreath (for example) wasn't offended.

So smilies make it OK to ridicule?

Neil
08-02-2005, 11:31
So smilies make it OK to ridicule?

They do where 'netiquette' is concerned, yes. :)

orangebird
08-02-2005, 11:39
:rolleyes: BS.

Wiggz
08-02-2005, 12:21
I will not be judged
(sig)

^^^But I will judge others :rolleyes:

Wiggz

orangebird
08-02-2005, 12:25
^^^But I will judge others :rolleyes:

Wiggz

It's called an opinion, not a judgment. Next? :rolleyes:

Wiggz
08-02-2005, 12:39

OK fair enough. The fact is, I have been an NTL customer for approximately 3 years (im basically lazy), and I have not spoken to 1, not even 1 helpful NTL Support Techs...whether it be Cable TV side, Local Franchise queries, or IT Tech Support.

Now I am not one to cast stereotypical judgements based on my own experiences alone - however I can call upon a fair number of years within the IT Support industry, and also upon a number of very interesting chats with Line Managers and Area Divisional Reps (whilst I had major problems simply moving house...6 months before it was correctly sorted :rolleyes: )

I am not a huge fan or capping broadband....I am not a fan of bad customer service, and I am not a fan of the NTL Support staff I have encountered.

Therefore I can only assume that the 'majority' of NTL support staff cause the 'minority' of good support staff (as I am in no doubt at all that you are) to be tarred with the same brush.

Fact of life; call it what you will. But you cannot categorically deny it

The point is when NTL say 'Limited Technical Support' they really mean, 'normal service with longer queue times'

Wiggz

Graham F
08-02-2005, 13:01
OK fair enough. The fact is, I have been an NTL customer for approximately 3 years (im basically lazy), and I have not spoken to 1, not even 1 helpful NTL Support Techs...whether it be Cable TV side, Local Franchise queries, or IT Tech Support.

Now I am not one to cast stereotypical judgements based on my own experiences alone - however I can call upon a fair number of years within the IT Support industry, and also upon a number of very interesting chats with Line Managers and Area Divisional Reps (whilst I had major problems simply moving house...6 months before it was correctly sorted :rolleyes: )

I am not a huge fan or capping broadband....I am not a fan of bad customer service, and I am not a fan of the NTL Support staff I have encountered.

Therefore I can only assume that the 'majority' of NTL support staff cause the 'minority' of good support staff (as I am in no doubt at all that you are) to be tarred with the same brush.

Fact of life; call it what you will. But you cannot categorically deny it

The point is when NTL say 'Limited Technical Support' they really mean, 'normal service with longer queue times'

Wiggz

Wiggz what ntl mean by limited tech support, is that they usual have limited access to systems, so limited info. Usually their queue times during these periods are small as all calls are dealt with quickly as they have no systems so are limited to what they can do

Chris W
08-02-2005, 13:11
Wiggz what ntl mean by limited tech support, is that they usual have limited access to systems, so limited info. Usually their queue times during these periods are small as all calls are dealt with quickly as they have no systems so are limited to what they can do

correct :tu: i only took 3 calls between 9 and 11pm yesterday... was starting to get rather bored!!

Ben
08-02-2005, 13:28

Moan Moan Moan.

I don't post much anymore but everytime I see you post OB your just a moaner :P

orangebird
08-02-2005, 13:30
Moan Moan Moan.

:rofl: :rofl: Are you serious???????????? :dunce: :D:D:D:D

gary_580
08-02-2005, 14:36
Moan Moan Moan.

hahaha and your not moaning?

OB is only trying to put a positive slant on the vast amount of anti NTL rubbish that appears on this site, wether the negative stuff is in jest or with meaning

Ben
08-02-2005, 14:58
All I ever see is post like this from you OB always with the rolleyes too

and this

and this

I could probably go though all your posts on the forum for the last year and find thousands of rolleyes smilies that are hogging bandwith accross the internet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

orangebird
08-02-2005, 15:04
All I ever see is post like this from you OB always with the rolleyes too

and this

and this

I could probably go though all your posts on the forum for the last year and find thousands of rolleyes smilies that are hogging bandwith accross the internet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You probably could - but I do get so fed up with having to answer ******* like you. :)

Mick
08-02-2005, 15:07
FFS :afire: - I am getting increasingly irritated by petty arguements. There is simply no bloody need for it. This thread is now closed as I think the topic has been severely lost anyway.