PDA

View Full Version : Sky boxes REN?

Derek
07-02-2005, 16:16
Does anyone know if the Sky Digiboxes have a REN value attached to them :confused:

I've been searching for a while and cannot find a definative answer. There isn't anything in the online manuals from Pace (that I can find)

I'm asking as come Wednesday there will be two Sky boxes installed onto a line which is already groaning at the seams with phones and caller ID boxes.
An extra couple of devices might put it over the edge :Yikes:

If they do have one is there any way to make sure they are last in the line so phones keep ringing inside the house?

Millay
07-02-2005, 16:35
Yers they do have a REN value I beleive it is 1. as my mate just told me can be as low as 0.5

Matthew
07-02-2005, 16:58
If you have trouble with the REN you can buy a booster device that makes it go from 4 to 11. I've seen them in BT shops or in the CPC catalogue.

Derek
07-02-2005, 17:02
Hmmm,

I'll see how things go. If things start going funny it'll a quick call to the local cheerful BT engineer (my brother) to see if he can sort something out.

Cheers for the info.

Raistlin
07-02-2005, 17:03
Note that all telephone equipment is marked with a Ringer Equivalence Number, the total of which must not exceed REN = 4 otherwise your phones might not ring or might ring only intermittently. The Digibox REN = 0.5

From: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:8avxy4Vgfn4J:www.satcure.co.uk/digifaq2.htm+Digibox+Pace+REN&hl=en