PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Cadbury World?

Gareth
07-02-2005, 15:10
If so, is it any good, worth the trip, not over-priced, enjoyable for a 7-year-old, etc... ?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

Graham F
07-02-2005, 15:14
a bit over rated hardly charlie and the choclate factory :(

Nugget
07-02-2005, 15:16
If so, is it any good, worth the trip, not over-priced, enjoyable for a 7-year-old, etc... ?

I thought it was very sweet!

*ahem*

As it happens, we were going to go last year, but it seems pretty over-priced. I can't remember exactly how much it is, but there wasn't a lot for the money.

Having said that, all the people I work with say that it's good for the kids (it's really aimed at them, I s'pose), so a 7 year old would probably like it (just not too sure as to whether you would).

Halcyon
07-02-2005, 16:00
Its been about 8 years since I last went there but I found it a briliant day out.
We were given tonnes of chocolate to try and you go thruogh all the factory guided tour to see chocolate being made.
You also learn about the origin of chcolate and basically everything chocolatey.

Aragorn
07-02-2005, 16:31

Went there about 3/4 years ago.

It was quite expensive and you get a timed ticket, but it was interesting, the kids loved (as did the chocaholic wife) and there were free samples.

If you're in Bham with kids it's well worth a visit.

Gareth
07-02-2005, 17:04
Cool - thanks for the replies, all. My son will be pleased, cause I think you've swung it and we'll be popping in during the half-term.

Thanks again :)

sir_drinks_alot
07-02-2005, 17:10
oh one of my greatest dreams is to visit Cadbury World oh all that choclate.:drool: :drool: :drool:

zoombini
08-02-2005, 08:43
I went in on return from my hols last year, didn't bother paying the huge amount that was asked just for a tour of how chocolate was made.

The shop is expensive, same price as in the supermarkets etc or more.

Also it's nowt to do with Cadburies, its a seperate company entirely.

Theodoric
08-02-2005, 20:32
Well, you live and learn. I'd never heard of it until 5 minutes ago. It seems to be described as, "Birminghamââ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s very own chocolate paradise."