PDA

View Full Version : UT2004 Packetloss

therogue
05-02-2005, 23:27
Am wondering if there are any nthell users that play UT2004?

For a long time now I've been getting a constant regular packetloss in UT2004, this doesn't show in ping/tracert nor in Counter-Strike:Source. This applies to all servers, local UK ones to as far aways as Italy and Norway, virtually no difference in regular loss.

Now I know most people are thinking that I'm just the regular noob asking for random help.. so..

Done the obvious, tried different versions of the game, all network related settings etc
Played with Windows network settings
I've tried changing NIC, no change
I've removed everything between me and my modem (pace digibox), no change

A mate over the road recently had 1.5mb put in so I decided to try it round his, same problem, a regular packet loss

Now, I know it's quite unlikely that there is a problem with NTL which just affects this one game, but on the other hand there are some strange side effects of any network configuration so it is possible.

Not sure exactly what my cable area is by the coding you use, postcode is PO14, IP is on the cosham (in Portsmouth) range.

Is there anyone here who plays UT2004 who can try playing and check if they notice any packet loss, this is done by pressing F6 (or open console, net stat). I tend to get 2ploss every several seconds, this is out of an average 40 in/out so is up to 5%, which in a DM game is quite annoying :)

Should also mention that I also get strong ping fluctuations that half/double my ping (ie going from 20-40 constantly).

And all the obvious.. not downloading anything, PC is clean as a nun etc..

jtwn
06-02-2005, 00:53
See if there is anything to alter the 'rates' as it is called on source in ut, if its an isolated case.

Smilie
08-02-2005, 22:01
Well i used to play alot of UT2k3/4
and had those problems before
i phone customer support about it at the time
and my problem was the the utilization on the UBR (its UBR right??) i was connected to was very high (was over 80% i think)
and they did a some kinda re-balancing or something and fix the problem

just be sure to phone customer support when u are having the problems
or they wont be able to see the utilization is high when u are having the problems

if u search the this forum
u should be able to find the post i made about this some time back (if they didnt delete it)

but it might just be another problem

therogue
09-02-2005, 10:08
Thanks Smilie, I will look into that next week

jtwn, yes, that was included in my "Done the obvious, tried different versions of the game, all network related settings etc"