PDA

View Full Version : Modem without the disc.

Nidge
05-02-2005, 12:40
Can I install a Terayon modem without the disc?? I've just bought a new machine and can't find my cable modem disc :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes: Can I install the software without my disc?? I want it to work from my ethernet slot.

JohnHorb
05-02-2005, 12:42
If you are connecting via Ethernet, you don't need the disk. If you are connecting via USB, you'll need to download the drivers. I think there's a link somewhere here. Give me a minute...

[Edit] Found it http://homepage.ntlworld.com/myron.s/BB-DeviceDrivers/

Doh! Read the post John - you said ethernet, so you don't need to download anything. Just connect up, make sure your Ethernet connection is set to 'obtain automatically', power up modem, power up compter.

Nidge
05-02-2005, 12:53
Ooopps just looked and I've posted it in the wong forum :confused: :confused: When I connect it to the Ethernet slot it fails to find the modem.

JohnHorb
05-02-2005, 13:46
What do you mean by 'fails to find'? The PC won't see the modem as a 'device' - it just thinks it is another node on the network. If you open a command window (start/all programs/accessories/Command prompt), and type

ipconfig /all

what do you get? (blank out the last part of any ip addresses and the 'physical' address for security)

Nidge
05-02-2005, 14:32
Sorted it thanks :D :D