PDA

View Full Version : NTL Special Offers

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 16:19
I am looking to downgrade all my NTL services i.e. tv, phone and broadband basically because I need to cut down my monthly outgoings. Now, at the risk of seeming a bit sneaky, should NTL offer me a 'special deal' to keep me at my current packages but reduce the costs in some way then I would be very receptive(especially the broadband, im loathed to drop down but have no choice). Anyway, my question is if there is a certain way to word the reasons for the downgrade when talking to CS so that they may be more forthcoming with an offer? Will simply saying 'im skint' do it?

Thanks

orangebird
03-02-2005, 16:24
No, it won't do it - (and frankly, why should it???). If you're out of your 12 month contract, you can say you want to disconnect in the hope that they'll give some special deal to keep you, but this could be risky, if you're not offered a deal...

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 16:30
My average spend has been about £120 per month for the last couple of years, it would be nice to get something back, even if its just for a few months until i sort out my finances. If I downgrade then realise its not so bad then i might not upgrade again, their loss i reckon.

Shaun
03-02-2005, 16:31
but this could be risky, if you're not offered a deal...

Only in that you'd have to reorder your products at the price you want (oh and get the offers available to new subscribers).

Oh and you'll also be lumbered with another 12 month contract ;)

bob_builder
03-02-2005, 16:42
My average spend has been about £120 per month for the last couple of years, it would be nice to get something back, even if its just for a few months until i sort out my finances. If I downgrade then realise its not so bad then i might not upgrade again, their loss i reckon.
£120 per month! :eek: What package are you on?

You could try and get the 3 for £30 tariff (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=386321) which would give you TV, phoneline and broadband for £30 per month.

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 16:48
on the 1.5mb, full tv package and the unlimited phone call deal. Once you add my phone call costs, pay per-view etc im usually around that figure every month, often more.

The 3 for £30 deal, thats only for new customers as far as im aware? is it not?

th'engineer
03-02-2005, 17:11
No, it won't do it - (and frankly, why should it???). If you're out of your 12 month contract, you can say you want to disconnect in the hope that they'll give some special deal to keep you, but this could be risky, if you're not offered a deal...

come on OB they always offer good deals if you cancel why do you think people stay with NTL loyalty:2cents: :D

bob_builder
03-02-2005, 17:24
on the 1.5mb, full tv package and the unlimited phone call deal. Once you add my phone call costs, pay per-view etc im usually around that figure every month, often more.
One might question whether you actually need all that, you could save yourself a fair bit of money by downgrading some of theose packages.

The 3 for £30 deal, thats only for new customers as far as im aware? is it not?
I am not aware of seeing anything in writing that has said it is only for new customers but it has been suggested that is so. However, it is in the current tariff guide that would suggest it is available to all (unlike other new-customer-only special offers - £15.99 300K broadband, for example).

Neil
03-02-2005, 17:40
*Moved to ntl Billing forum*

ntl Billing & Installation Discussion (7 Viewing)
For all things concerning problems with ntl's Billing, queries about Prices and any Installation problems or queries you may have.

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 19:29
I am planning to downgrade, not cancel completely. I will probably upgrade again at some point after a few months. What I wanted to know is if there was a chance NTL would do me some kind of deal so that I could keep my current level or thereabouts(something better than base level) but reduce the cost for a few months. That way theres more chance i'll re-upgrade again when the deal finishes(theres always a chance if they downgrade me completely and I realise its not that bad then I may not re-upgrade again, so they would lose out). I am not trying to be greedy but just wondered if their was a tactic I could use being that I have been a good customer for some time.

paul11974
03-02-2005, 19:33
if you have been with ntl for over twelve months what is the timescale for cancelling the tv ( is it 28 days notice ) also can you still keep the phone line and broadband ?

dgr1577
03-02-2005, 19:59
just went on the phone to ask CS about the 3 for £30 deal. At first the guy said it didnt exist, then when i pointed out that it was in the tariff guide he then said it was for new customers only. I then pointed out that this was not stated anywhere in the tariff guide or anywhere on the site and that the price for this deal was listed with all the 'standard' pricing and not alongside any special 'new customer offers'. He then told me to hold(jeez, do these guys always use the same standard responses regardless if they are right or not??).
It would appear that I am perfectly right and they are now, reluctantly, going to give me the deal.

Will this deal remain on the tariff guide for long.......im sceptical.

feels like a small victory for the common man!!

Shaun
03-02-2005, 22:01
*Moved to ntl Billing forum*

Narky today aren't we Neily boy :p:

Shouldn't matter mate, once you're on it that should be it until you decide to change your package. That's how it normally works with NTL :)

HD462
04-02-2005, 11:47
just went on the phone to ask CS about the 3 for £30 deal. At first the guy said it didnt exist, then when i pointed out that it was in the tariff guide he then said it was for new customers only. I then pointed out that this was not stated anywhere in the tariff guide or anywhere on the site and that the price for this deal was listed with all the 'standard' pricing and not alongside any special 'new customer offers'. He then told me to hold(jeez, do these guys always use the same standard responses regardless if they are right or not??).
It would appear that I am perfectly right and they are now, reluctantly, going to give me the deal.

feels like a small victory for the common man!!

It's also advertised on the NTL info channel (I accidentally put it on when flicking through the channels the other night....honest...lol :D )

bob_builder
04-02-2005, 12:23
It's also advertised on the NTL info channel
If it is on there then it cannot just be for new customers as new customers would not be able to watch that channel!

dgr1577
04-02-2005, 13:27
just had a call from NTL again to confirm that the deal is for new customers only but because it doesnt state that on any of the literature then they are obliged to give me the deal. Of course, he may have just been saying this to make me think that NTL are morally upstanding people and to cover his earlier lies that he told me........never mind, all worked out well in the end.

Anyone else looking for this better be quick incase they change the literature.

th'engineer
04-02-2005, 16:52
Narky today aren't we Neily boy :p:

I have noticecd that as well :D