PDA

View Full Version : Workplace romance? Be on TV!

Russ
03-02-2005, 07:47
An independent TV production company called ZKK has been in touch with Cableforum.co.uk. They are currently researching the subject of romantic relationships in the workplace and are hoping you, the Cableforum members can offer any stories or personal experiences of this. It would be in total confidence and without any obligations to taking part in the programme.

If anyone is interested then please contact melody@zkktv.com

Come on guys, do us proud!

Mr_love_monkey
03-02-2005, 08:35
Hmm.. I met my wife at work. (well, obviously she wasn't my wife at the time)...I wooed her with my PL/SQL programming skills..... maybe I should mail them....

STONEISLAND
03-02-2005, 08:39
I'm engaged with my fiancÃÃâ€*’©, and we work for the same company doing the same job. But i'm way to scared to appear on TV :disturbd:

Mr_love_monkey
03-02-2005, 08:43
I could be discovered!

'Im ready for my close up....' :)

Has to be said, much as though I'm glad I met my wife, I would certainly suggest to people to avoid office romances - especially if you are on the same floor / work together - it makes life so difficult, ignoring any possible issues of splitting up, just having the general arguments that all relationships have enters into a new level if you are working together, no matter how professional you both try to be.

STONEISLAND
03-02-2005, 08:47
Has to be said, much as though I'm glad I met my wife, I would certainly suggest to people to avoid office romances - especially if you are on the same floor / work together - it makes life so difficult, ignoring any possible issues of splitting up, just having the general arguments that all relationships have enters into a new level if you are working together, no matter how professional you both try to be.

I work behind her in fact (no rude jokes) and have done for 2 years. Things are great we never argue, and to be honest enjoy her company too at work. when you have a hard time at work or want to slate your work mates off shes the best to turn too for a chat.

Escapee
03-02-2005, 08:54
I have only ever had one involvement with someone from work, and since that one in my very early 20's I have made a point of not having another one!

The girl in question went off sick and we had been having a fairly low key relationship. I was called in the office and questioned at length, because the manager thought that her sickness may of been something to do with me.

I found out later that her previous boyfriend was a drug dealer, (explained that nice new Golf GTI she had) the drug squad had been following her for weeks.... I guess they had been following me as well.

She never came back to work, and I have never seen or heard about her to this day. I was told her whole family moved away from the area, as her father was in a very public facing job.

Once bitten, twice shy!

skyblueheroes
03-02-2005, 08:55
I met my now wife at work too.

I used to work for a large insurer in the Midlands, and the amount of inter-office relationships (or just plain $hagging !) was amazing. The workforce was fairly young, and had its own in-house social club - so thats probably why !

Even a few couples are from the same company and are now together.

God those were the days.

Russ
03-02-2005, 08:55
I have only ever had one involvement with someone from work, and since that one in my very early 20's I have made a point of not having another one!

The girl in question went off sick and we had been having a fairly low key relationship. I was called in the office and questioned at length, because the manager thought that her sickness may of been something to do with me.

I found out later that her previous boyfriend was a drug dealer, (explained that nice new Golf GTI she had) the drug squad had been following her for weeks.... I guess they had been following me as well.

She never came back to work, and I have never seen or heard about her to this day. I was told her whole family moved away from the area, as her father was in a very public facing job.

Once bitten, twice shy!

Sounds like the ideal scenario for the show!

Come on, don't let me get away with being the only CF member to feature in a documentary ;) :D

Steal my thunder!! Steal it I tell you!!! :D

Sarah_77
03-02-2005, 09:08
I met my hubby at work , we have been married for 15 very happy years in March and are about to have our first baby.

I must admit though and he knows this I didn't even fancy him when he came to work there , never even gave him a second look . It definately wasn't love at first sight. Then he came to work close to me and I got to know him and then I was smitten :)

aliferste
03-02-2005, 15:50
Come on, don't let me get away with being the only CF member to feature in a documentary ;) :D

I was in a fishing programme on STV last year :) My website was also in the newspaper last week .......Here (http://theriverkelvin.co.uk/blog/index.php?p=317)

My partner and i met in a nursing home where we both worked. Well, she was the student and i was the lecherous member of staff ;)

Nugget
03-02-2005, 15:55
I was in a fishing programme on STV last year :) My website was also in the newspaper last week .......Here (http://theriverkelvin.co.uk/blog/index.php?p=317)

My partner and i met in a nursing home where we both worked. Well, she was the student and i was the lecherous member of staff ;)

Having just seen your 'edit comment', she probably thought she could take you on the road (or at least sell you to the Jim Rose Circus :D ). I bet you're going to make a lot of people jealous with a comment like that ;)

aliferste
03-02-2005, 17:21
Having just seen your 'edit comment', she probably thought she could take you on the road (or at least sell you to the Jim Rose Circus :D ). I bet you're going to make a lot of people jealous with a comment like that ;)

Boom boom tish!!

Russ
03-02-2005, 17:24

Did you spam the hell out of it on nthw? No? Case closed ;) :D

allieyoung666
02-03-2005, 18:37
I meet my hubby, behind the bar were I worked, he was such a tart!!!!! But he was cute with it!!!!!

Maggy
02-03-2005, 21:41
Oh I'm so glad I was married BEFORE I became a teacher.The thought of being married to another teacher!!!!Yes we would have the same holidays but the stress of teaching..At least I can go home and moan my a*se off to someone who ISN'T under the same pressures. :)