PDA

View Full Version : vtruckdbg error

smigs
03-02-2005, 02:59
hi i try to install my broadband and before it can get past the first system check a stupid vtruckdbg error comes up. ive deleted vagent and it still proceeds to come up can u help me get rid of this ?

punky
03-02-2005, 03:08
:welcome: to the site :)

Is this any help?:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=19540

Also, you don't need to install that BroadJump rubbish. Loads don't. Just plug in all the wires. Turn off your modem, turn off your computer, turn on your modem, wait til the lights finish, turn on your computer. Your computer might need to have the DHCP lease renewed, or your browser set to LAN, but we can help you with that later.

Once it is booted up, click on IE and it should lead you straight to the registration page, or follow the instructions in that link.

HTH

smigs
03-02-2005, 03:15
thnx u i think understand now. does this meen tha even if i have a new computer i will not have to install the net

punky
03-02-2005, 03:31
If you get a new computer, you have to re-register and add your computer again. So don't lose that welcome letter with your PID and stuff on it.

smigs
03-02-2005, 03:34
well i have a new comp and i forgot to install the internet usin the cd before i installed the router now im tryin to go bak and install the cd it just wont let me and says tha stupid message. but ive had tha internet not 3 computers now and ive never had this problem. its sendin me loopy lol i can normally sort out any problem i have but this internet larcky is sendin me round the bend.

punky
03-02-2005, 03:37
You shouldn't need the CD to install a router. Just make sure you turn everything off and turn in it on in the order: modem, router, PC.

smigs
03-02-2005, 03:42
ok heres wot ive done ive now taken everythin out of the computer so there is no internet connected ive put the cd in but still comes up wit the error. iver tried uninstallin all the drivers tha was installed from the router the only way i can think of solvin the problem is by rebootin my comp but tha is just alot of hassle.

i have a cd to install the router on the computer my mistake was doin tha before installin the net now i carnt go bak to correct it. sorry if im bein a pain all the internet stuff meens note to me.

JohnHorb
03-02-2005, 21:16
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=19540&highlight=vtruckdbg

Post #4 in that thread may help you get rid of the vtruckdgb problem.

I'm a bit confused about the rest. As Punky says, you shouldn't need a CD to install the router, and, if you are conecting to the router via ethernet, you shouldn't need to install anything from the NTL CD either.
As said earlier, just switch everything off, switch on the cable modem. Wait. Switch on the router, wait, switch on the PC, wait, and it should all work. If not, post back with more detail on the problem, e.g. make/model of router, operating system being used.