PDA

View Full Version : valentines day - your ideas ?

kronas
02-02-2005, 03:38
come on people, spill the beans on what your thinking of doing for someone special :)

i have a few ideas but im hesitant,even a few 'adult' ideas that the resident current affairs spokesperson 'Graham' may help me with :Yikes: :naughty: :D im looking for a place which will send flowers anonymously to a location, however, i do not want the sender to know they are from me.

i had a look at this:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=4648&Product_Id=1589639

i could specify to send to an alternative address, however i think my details will be spralled across the back of that package, so does anyone know any sites who will deliver the way i want them to ?

sir_drinks_alot
02-02-2005, 08:57
flowers and a Romantic meal for miss drinks this year.

Dave Stones
02-02-2005, 08:59
...interflora? :erm:

ikthius
02-02-2005, 09:02
most will do it for you, I would suggest, as long as they get paid.

ik

p.s. no one is on my hit list this year.................

Paul K
02-02-2005, 09:15
No point me posting my plans for Valentines day here ;)
As for the flowers, many places will send flowers (even Tescos) and since it's valentines day I would expect that the sender details would not be present on the card unless you put them in the message.

sir_drinks_alot
02-02-2005, 09:25
...interflora? :erm:

yup and maybe a Little something extra if she's a good girl. :naughty:

Richard M
02-02-2005, 09:59
What am I doing?
Nothing... :(

bopdude
02-02-2005, 10:00
I hadn't even thought about it, talk about romantic .. not ..lol, now you've mentioned it I suppose I'd better think, ..... long and hard :naughty: and flowers and choc's and a card and.... good grief, where does it end :shrug:

gary_580
02-02-2005, 10:09
Taking the "O Great one" to the lake district for 3 nights

Come on Paul, speak up, Chim's been looking at this thread and waiting for long enough now :D

Jon M
02-02-2005, 10:26
valentines day - your ideas ?

ignore it and hope it goes away..

yet another excuse for my missus to demand I pay attention to her, and do soppy girly things like hold hands and kiss... blerrrgh!! :mad:

dilli-theclaw
02-02-2005, 10:40
Somehow I do not think it wise for me to say what I plan to do.

keithwalton
02-02-2005, 10:58
firmly hiding under my rock pretending it doesnt happen ever

daxx
02-02-2005, 11:18
Feburary has 27 days normally and 28 on a leap year, in accordance with UK patriarchal/male law the day numbered 14 has been omitted from this month.

Thus the numbered days shall be 1-13 and 15-27.

The day previously numbered 14 shall be a non day for the patriarch/male to do as he pleases.

The previous incumbent of this saints day (one "Valentine", cissy name for a fella) is now declared persona non gratia and the new incumbent shall be one St. Guy (for obvious reasons)

Marge
02-02-2005, 11:20
Feburary has 27 days normally and 28 on a leap year, in accordance with UK patriarchal/male law the day numbered 14 has been omitted from this month. Thus the days shall be 1-13 and 15-27. The day previously numbered 14 shall be a non day for the patriarch/male to do as he pleases.

:knock: :knock: :knock:

Scarlett
02-02-2005, 11:35
I could do with something, 'Er indoors has decided that she wants to do something special as its our first one as a married couple.

She was going to suggest a meal but then when she looked at the menu that was on offer in the pub she didn't like any of the main courses.

Now Looks like one of us is going to be cooking at home instead.

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 13:25
I was looking at this (http://www.re-aqua.co.uk/) site today - and saw they offer a heart shaped bikini line.... :)

Nugget
02-02-2005, 13:26
I was looking at this (http://www.re-aqua.co.uk/) site today - and saw they offer a heart shaped bikini line.... :)

You tart :p:

Paul K
02-02-2005, 13:27
come on people, spill the beans on what your thinking of doing for someone special :)

i have a few ideas but im hesitant,even a few 'adult' ideas that the resident current affairs spokesperson 'Graham' may help me with :Yikes: :naughty: :D im looking for a place which will send flowers anonymously to a location, however, i do not want the sender to know they are from me.

i had a look at this:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=4648&Product_Id=1589639

i could specify to send to an alternative address, however i think my details will be spralled across the back of that package, so does anyone know any sites who will deliver the way i want them to ?
Just for you kronas I asked M&S

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that flowers can be sent anonymously and you can add a message to the flowers but don't have to put who they are from.

Kind Regards

Annemarie Hart
Customer Services
Marks & Spencer
www.marksandspencer.com

Millay
02-02-2005, 13:30
Im going to pretend it is not happening..

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 13:34
You tart :p:
You just watch it, or I'll get it done, and the post pictures on here. Lots of them :)

punky
02-02-2005, 13:35

Why is it whenever I ask for a job application for that job, they always say they aren't hiring. :fit: :)

I love the catchphrase though: "Definitely better than wearing your heart on your sleeve."

Incidently, what is the point of sending flowers anonymously? I know for people in a relationship, but I mean for single people?

Nugget
02-02-2005, 13:43
You just watch it, or I'll get it done, and the post pictures on here. Lots of them :)

Go on then - I dares ya :p:

gary_580
02-02-2005, 13:54

Goes to find container to throw up in!

Wonders about Nug's sexuality bias

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 14:16
I can't, the mods have told me I'm not allowed to :)

Maybe he's bi - I went to university with a lot of girls who were bisexual - as soon as I mentioned sex, they said 'bye'....

I'm wasted in IT you know :)

Nugget
02-02-2005, 14:16

If my mate Monkey does that in this weather, I won't be the only nugget he'll have to worry about :D

I can't, the mods have told me I'm not allowed to :)

Maybe he's bi - I went to university with a lot of girls who were bisexual - as soon as I mentioned sex, they said 'bye'....

I'm wasted in IT you know :)

You'd be wasted in any career ;)

marina
02-02-2005, 14:26
[snip]........

Incidently, what is the point of sending flowers anonymously? I know for people in a relationship, but I mean for single people?

Oh i don't know..... i recieved a huge bouquet of roses whilst i was at work a few years ago and while i DID find out who they were from eventually..... interflora CAN be broken down :naughty: with the help of my skills of deduction too ;) ....... and i believe the man in question, just wanted to make me feel special and add a bit of fun to my day :) I think he was being quite selfless in doing that, in that he was prepared to forego the thanks that he would have received.

I suppose it depends on what you mean to achieve by sending the flowers or gift really :)

PS. Oh and we weren't and still aren't in a relationship....... but i've never forgotten the flowers or him :)

ignore it and hope it goes away..

yet another excuse for my missus to demand I pay attention to her, and do soppy girly things like hold hands and kiss... blerrrgh!! :mad:

John...... i'm surprised at you :) You sound almost disgusted at the thought of having to hold hands or kiss your wife...... even only on the one day :erm:
Is it because you feel that it's not sincere because it's a social construct, and not something that's done on other days? Then yes....... i'd be miffed about having to do that, but also having it done to me :(
No one feels flattered knowing that those things are only done because they're/ve been coerced into doing it...... even if it's only by guilt :erm:

But...... a question........ if it makes the partner you love happy, to make an effort (not necessarily by spending money) on that one day...... is it too much to ask?

(that's not just aimed at s1lver)

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 14:26
If my mate Monkey does that in this weather, I won't be the only nugget he'll have to worry about :D

Cue some comment about brass monkeys :)

You'd be wasted in any career ;)

Finally, some recognition :)

Anyway - why should one day be more special than any other day? - surely if you feel you 'have' to send flowers or whatever, because it's expected of you by society in general - doesn't that really negate the point of doing it? - surely it's better than I don't send flowers on valentines day, and instead I send them on a different day because I want to?

Though having said that, I _will_ end up getting something for the missus :)

Nugget
02-02-2005, 14:37
We don't do anything for Valentines Day - TBH, it's all a bit of a con really. Let's face it, I love Mrs Nug every day of the year anyway (hell, I even let her live in my house ;) ), so why do I need to do something special on an arbitrary day of the year?

Besides, if I spend pennies on Valentines Day, that'll be less that I have when I'm saving up for her birthday, and I've got to something really special to top last year

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 14:42
Besides, if I spend pennies on Valentines Day, that'll be less that I have when I'm saving up for her birthday, and I've got to something really special to top last year
What did you do?

marina
02-02-2005, 14:43
[Snipped].....

Anyway - why should one day be more special than any other day? - surely if you feel you 'have' to send flowers or whatever, because it's expected of you by society in general - doesn't that really negate the point of doing it? - surely it's better than I don't send flowers on valentines day, and instead I send them on a different day because I want to?

.......[Snipped]

I agree with you completely and hope that i hinted at that in my last post........ i was really responding to s1lver's comment about his partner expecting kisses and hand holding....... seems a bit insincere to me if it's only for that one day BUT if it made my partner happy...... :shrug:

Nugget
02-02-2005, 14:52
What did you do?

To make sure I don't go waaaaaaaaay off topic (like what I usually do), just click here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=245462&postcount=1

punky
02-02-2005, 15:11
and i believe the man in question, just wanted to make me feel special and add a bit of fun to my day :) I think he was being quite selfless in doing that, in that he was prepared to forego the thanks that he would have received.

I suppose it depends on what you mean to achieve by sending the flowers or gift really :)

You're quite right, I should have known better. *hangs head*

luftys
02-02-2005, 15:31
I will send her A card and a choccy heart :D that will keep her thinking of me till we next see each other in March :naughty:

marina
02-02-2005, 15:31
You're quite right, I should have known better. *hangs head*

I'll send you my address so you know where to send the flowers if it helps ;)

Chris
02-02-2005, 15:37
when she looked at the menu that was on offer in the pub

Pub?! Yes, I'll bet she told you she didn't like any of the main courses. Man, you need some re-education and fast, if you're going to survive to see your second anniversary. I'd look up your local FE college and see if they do any courses called 'Romantic places to wine and dine your beloved (and how to avoid the pub at all costs)', or perhaps 'What women say and what they really mean'. ;)

marina
02-02-2005, 15:45
Pub?! Yes, I'll bet she told you she didn't like any of the main courses. Man, you need some re-education and fast, if you're going to survive to see your second anniversary. I'd look up your local FE college and see if they do any courses called 'Romantic places to wine and dine your beloved (and how to avoid the pub at all costs)', or perhaps 'What women say and what they really mean'. ;)

You mean he wasn't joking??? :erm:

I assumed that he was......... for his sake ;)

punky
02-02-2005, 15:52
I'll send you my address so you know where to send the flowers if it helps ;)

LOL. One of the reasons I said I should have known better is because I thought about doing the same. Someone I knew had broken up with her boyfriend, and I thought about trying to cheer her up. In the first and only page in the "What men know about women" book is that flowers and jewellery are the only two universally acceptable gifts for women. Being broke-ish, I wanted to send flowers. I though, incorrectly came to the conclusion that it would do more harm than good. That:

1) She'd think that someone is lusting after her straight after breaking up with someone which is never a good thing.

2) She'd wouldn't find out who sent it, and the curiousity would drive her crazy

So I thought it had to be signed with my name. In the end I dropped the whole flowers idea, and went up to her and said if she wanted to talk, etc, and I would treat her to a night out to take her mind off things (which I thought would convey the same sentiment as flowers, with a practical aspect to it) as well as flowers always seem to have a love connotation attached to it. I made it clear I wasn't trying to come onto her (I wasn't). She said it was a nice offer and thanked me, and she'd bear it in mind, she never accepted though. I guess she didn't believe me.

In your case though, the anonymous flowers thing worked a treat.

marina
02-02-2005, 16:09
[Snippity snipped]......... In the first and only page in the "What men know about women" book is that flowers and jewellery are the only two universally acceptable gifts for women......[Snipped]

I'm just too aghast to say anything more.......:erm:

N.B Carry on without me but only because i know you will anyway :)

Mr_love_monkey
02-02-2005, 17:43
To make sure I don't go waaaaaaaaay off topic (like what I usually do), just click here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=245462&postcount=1
Awwwwwwwww :)

You're going to have to go some to top that... maybe you should get your bikini line done to look like the first letter of her name ? :)

Chimaera
02-02-2005, 22:17
Well I ordered a new fridge freezer last night that's being delivered on the 14th - if I stick a red ribbon on it and a few beers inside will that count as a present? If not what do I get the man in my life? :shrug:

kronas
02-02-2005, 23:04
the reasons for me wanting anonymity is that she has just today broken off from the relationship i knew would not last, shes eyeing someone else up.......however i want to intentionally be upfront, whilst remaining anonymous :)

Chimaera
02-02-2005, 23:12
the reasons for me wanting anonymity is that she has just today broken off from the relationship i knew would not last, shes eyeing someone else up.......however i want to intentionally be upfront, whilst remaining anonymous :)
Well go for it - Interflora will deliver anonymous flowers, no matter HOW hard she tries to find out who sent them (speaking from experience!) although they are very overpriced IMHO. How about something from here? (http://www.flyingflowers.com/ffechannel/static/Product_Catalogue/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_sub_category_search&s_query_input=730&s_category=Valentines%20Day&s_subcategory=Romance) I've ordered flowers from there for several people (and received them too!) and I've never been disappointed.
And as Paul said in an earlier post, M&S will be discreet! ;)

kronas
02-02-2005, 23:14
:( Well go for it - Interflora will deliver anonymous flowers, no matter HOW hard she tries to find out who sent them (speaking from experience!) although they are very overpriced IMHO. How about something from here? (http://www.flyingflowers.com/ffechannel/static/Product_Catalogue/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_sub_category_search&s_query_input=730&s_category=Valentines%20Day&s_subcategory=Romance) I've ordered flowers from there for several people (and received them too!) and I've never been disappointed.
And as Paul said in an earlier post, M&S will be discreet! ;)

thanks chim, i doubt she likes me or infact i would want a relationship, but it does not hurt to try ;)

the one at £46 looks good, she likes her drink, is this anonymous though ?

its this one if your all wondering:

here (http://www.flyingflowers.com/ffechannel/static/Product_Catalogue/index.cfm?fuseaction=Detailed_View&s_price=ALL&s_offerCode=F15WEB01&s_productID=U12ROSPA&s_upsellOfferCode=&s_upsellProductID=&s_category=ULTIMATE&s_subcategory=UK%20Ultimate&s_productType=O&s_title=<h4>Ruby%20and%20Champagne&i_price=46.00&s_hasUpsell=&s_refToSelf=/ffechannel/static/index.cfm?fuseaction=product_sub_category_search&s_input=535&StartRow=1&s_Search=/ffechannel/static/Product_Catalogue/ACT/eCAT_ACT_subCategoryProductSearch.cfm&s_query_input_2=&i_pageOf=1&s_qSearch=&s_offerSearch=&s_productSearch=)

but i cannot decide what i should put on the card, my mind is a blank

Shaun
02-02-2005, 23:17

Nothing, I'll be in hospital having my tonsils out! :(

kronas
02-02-2005, 23:40
Nothing, I'll be in hospital having my tonsils out! :(

aww :hugs: suppose you have always got the male nurses....:naughty: :p:

Maggy
03-02-2005, 00:04
Forget it!It's an overhyped expensive retail scam. :rolleyes:

Take your special someone out at least once a month EVERY MONTH for a romantic dinner and buy her/him flowers and chocolates at every available opportunity except on Feb 14th.It will be cheaper on any other day but the 14th.

Personally I'd rather someone helped with the housework-it's cheaper and far more kind and thoughtful than a once a year hurried last minute scrappy effort.. :tu:

IF you MUST celebrate Valentines day try making a card.I'd rather have a card someone has spent some effort making rather than a thoughtless last minute gift. :)

Halcyon
03-02-2005, 00:25
I agree with you Incog.
It really is that special touch to actually make a card yourself and it shows you have spent time creating it.
Some of the cards you see in shops these days are awful and very expensive when you think all you are getting it a piece of bent cardboard.

Last card I did was made up of a little mirrored pieces that I cut up from an old CD. It made a great effect and together with coloured paper looked pretty cool.

As for what I am doing February 14th...
Absolutely nothing. 2004 was a messed up year for me and girls, so this year Im having a nice break in the snowy Austrian mountains with family on a short holiday.

kronas
03-02-2005, 00:59
i dont know why any woman (who likes her drink) would not want a bottle of champers and a bunch of roses! :p:

carlingman
03-02-2005, 01:03
Kronas,

Just be careful if she is eyeing someone else and then you shell out £46 notes anonymously that she doesnt then think it is from the other person.

End result will you be £46 notes out of pocket and inadvertently played the matchmaker.

:D

Shaun
03-02-2005, 01:04
aww :hugs: suppose you have always got the male nurses....:naughty: :p:

That's a thought :D :angel:

kronas
03-02-2005, 01:06
That's a thought :D :angel:

i did put female nurses but edited it quick :D :rofl: :erm:

Nugget
03-02-2005, 10:02
Awwwwwwwww :)

You're going to have to go some to top that... maybe you should get your bikini line done to look like the first letter of her name ? :)

Her name starts with B :erm:

Russ
03-02-2005, 10:10
i dont know why any woman (who likes her drink) would not want a bottle of champers and a bunch of roses! :p:

Saying that, you may wish to stay away from red roses, a lot of women I know think they're too cliche.....you might be better off with yellow or pink roses instead, as well as wowing her with your knowledge of roses which includes the reason why they are connected with women: traditionally the rose has 5 petals which relates to the shape of the planet Venus, based on the 'goddess of love'. Over the course of 4 years, Venus travels across the sky in the shape of a pentacle (again, relating to the 5 petals on a rose) and is the reason we have the Olymics every 4 years, the symbol of which is...yep, 5 rings (which actually used to be a pentacle too but was redesigned as interlocking rings to symbolise the unity of the games)....oh yes, I've read The Da Vinci Code :D

gary_580
03-02-2005, 10:30
Forget it!It's an overhyped expensive retail scam. :rolleyes:

Take your special someone out at least once a month EVERY MONTH for a romantic dinner and buy her/him flowers and chocolates at every available opportunity except on Feb 14th.It will be cheaper on any other day but the 14th.

Personally I'd rather someone helped with the housework-it's cheaper and far more kind and thoughtful than a once a year hurried last minute scrappy effort.. :tu:

IF you MUST celebrate Valentines day try making a card.I'd rather have a card someone has spent some effort making rather than a thoughtless last minute gift. :)

Well said!! Whats the point in making an effort once a year just because the calendar tells you to. I totally agree with the "Lets go out together once a month without other people". We've been doing that for a while now and its the best evening out of the month that you have. We take it in tourns to decide where we are going and it always turns out great.

A Gift means nothing, Flowers mean nothing and one day of the year means nothing. It should be every day

Mr_love_monkey
03-02-2005, 15:40
Shame it doesn't start with 'Q' - if you know what I mean :D

Nugget
03-02-2005, 15:45
Shame it doesn't start with 'Q' - if you know what I mean :D

Gutted! Mind you, I'll keep that in mind - if we get married, her surname will start with a Q ;)

Ramrod
03-02-2005, 15:55
Gutted! Mind you, I'll keep that in mind - if we get married, her surname will start with a Q ;)Quasimodo? :erm:

Nugget
03-02-2005, 16:58
Quasimodo? :erm:

:p:

No, silly - my full name is, obviously, Nugget Quezatlovercoatl.

Honestly, you only had to ask homealone :D

kronas
03-02-2005, 18:03
Saying that, you may wish to stay away from red roses, a lot of women I know think they're too cliche.....you might be better off with yellow or pink roses instead, as well as wowing her with your knowledge of roses which includes the reason why they are connected with women: traditionally the rose has 5 petals which relates to the shape of the planet Venus, based on the 'goddess of love'. Over the course of 4 years, Venus travels across the sky in the shape of a pentacle (again, relating to the 5 petals on a rose) and is the reason we have the Olymics every 4 years, the symbol of which is...yep, 5 rings (which actually used to be a pentacle too but was redesigned as interlocking rings to symbolise the unity of the games)....oh yes, I've read The Da Vinci Code :D

somehow i dont think that would interest her :erm:

Kronas,

Just be careful if she is eyeing someone else and then you shell out £46 notes anonymously that she doesnt then think it is from the other person.

End result will you be £46 notes out of pocket and inadvertently played the matchmaker.

:D

dont worry i will let her know its me all in due time ;)

daxx
03-02-2005, 19:24

??? Sideways ???? so the flat bit (of the B) is on top

Stuart
04-02-2005, 16:00
I could do with something, 'Er indoors has decided that she wants to do something special as its our first one as a married couple.

She was going to suggest a meal but then when she looked at the menu that was on offer in the pub she didn't like any of the main courses.

Now Looks like one of us is going to be cooking at home instead.

Who say's romance is dead?

Actually, there's a nice restaurant near me... Only around £45 per head (normal prices)..

homealone
04-02-2005, 16:13
Who say's romance is dead?

Actually, there's a nice restaurant near me... Only around £45 per head (normal prices)..

ok if you like heads, I suppose ;)

dilli-theclaw
04-02-2005, 16:15

Probably ok with plenty of salt I guess :)

Nugget
04-02-2005, 16:15

:rofl: :rofl:

Mind you, you pay through the nose on Valentines Day. Do you have to pay lip service, or is that too cheeky :D

Mr_love_monkey
04-02-2005, 16:19
:rofl: :rofl: Do you have to pay lip service, or is that too cheeky :D

Eye nose what you mean.

Nugget
04-02-2005, 16:21
Eye nose what you mean.

Might want to brow-se the menu.

Mr_love_monkey
04-02-2005, 16:27
Oh Gum-on! that was a bad joke - and that's the Tooth!

Stuart
04-02-2005, 16:28
What's goin' on ear then?

Nugget
04-02-2005, 16:36
Oh Gum-on! that was a bad joke - and that's the Tooth!

Yeah, but you are my star pupil - take it on the chin!

Mr_love_monkey
04-02-2005, 16:37
Yeah, but you are my star pupil - take it on the chin!
Take it like a man(dible)?

Nugget
04-02-2005, 16:46
WHo are you calling dible?

greencreeper
04-02-2005, 20:51
I'm unloved and always have been. It's just not a special day for me :shrug:

Tezcatlipoca
04-02-2005, 20:56
I'm unloved and always have been. It's just not a special day for me :shrug:

It used to be a special day for me, the last three years.

Not anymore.

Bah. Oh well.

snodvan
04-02-2005, 21:16
I think that is BRIL. Not sure the Mrs will go for it though and would anyway object to the (undoubted) high cost. On the other hand I could offer to do the trimming and see where that gets us. :D

kronas
04-02-2005, 21:25
hold on a second i should be the bitter one here.... i have never had the oppertunity to show my affection to anyone.... :(

Russ
04-02-2005, 21:26
hold on a second i should be the bitter one here.... i have never had the oppertunity to show my affection to anyone.... :(

:wavey:

Yoohooo!!! Krony!!!!!

kronas
04-02-2005, 21:30
:wavey:

Yoohooo!!! Krony!!!!!

:erm: surely your not suggesting you want some love and affection from me..... :erm:

i wouldnt say no! :Yikes: :disturbd: ;)

Russ
04-02-2005, 21:32
i wouldnt say no! :Yikes: :disturbd: ;)

Look....don't fight it, you're only human :D

kronas
04-02-2005, 22:32

indeed i am :naughty: :naughty:

Mr_love_monkey
04-02-2005, 22:43
Yeah, human, not desperate :p: :D

AndrewJ
05-02-2005, 00:05
awwwww...bless...well guys have the knowledge of being able to fart loudly in bed without being slapped, being able to watch ahem more entertaining movies after midnight :naughty: not having to spend a fortune on cars/movies other female related stuff.

And most of all,

Not having a headache once a month and other aches if you even open your mouth to speak, what ever you say is wrong.

And just before i go.

That you dont have a joint credit card account.

Marge
05-02-2005, 00:34
I won't see my other half on Valentines Day, bet he'll be glad of the peace and quiet :D :D :D Howver it's my birthday two days before *hint hint hint* *cough cough* so will see him then ;)

Tezcatlipoca
05-02-2005, 00:42
hold on a second i should be the bitter one here...

Heh, you can't have a monopoly on bitterness, kronas :p:

homealone
05-02-2005, 01:01

sympathies, tez, long distance love is the worst to do :dozey:

punky
05-02-2005, 01:06
I won't see my other half on Valentines Day, bet he'll be glad of the peace and quiet :D :D :D Howver it's my birthday two days before *hint hint hint* *cough cough* so will see him then ;)

Oh, so that's why he was asking if I had a gross of candles he could have then...

*ducks* :Sprint: :)

Marge
05-02-2005, 01:14
Oh, so that's why he was asking if I had a gross of candles he could have then...

*ducks* :Sprint: :)

:knock: :knock: :knock: :fit: :nono: :erm: :Yikes: :eek:

kronas
07-02-2005, 00:28
oh fiddlesticks.....the woman i was going to get something for is off back down south the day before...... she will be back on the 17th.......

:(

Halcyon
07-02-2005, 00:34
Give it the night before then.
The day isnt a big big deal.
If you have been getting this ready for ages, then dont let this stop you now.

kronas
07-02-2005, 00:43
Give it the night before then.
The day isnt a big big deal.
If you have been getting this ready for ages, then dont let this stop you now.

will do, i just hope i get to see her before she leaves! i have hinted in a text i have got her something, although my blog tells the rest.

Chimaera
07-02-2005, 23:16
Well I've just been told what my Valentine's pressie is............................

Tickets to the Top Gear studios in Surrey to be in the audience for Top Gear USA!! :spin: :hyper: :spin:
I don't think it's being shown on the BBC 2 but one of the other channels (possibly the Discovery channel)

I'm soooooo excited!!!!! Now I just have to work out what to wear........ :D

Thank you Paul! :hugs: :romance: :kiss: :D

homealone
07-02-2005, 23:30
Well I've just been told what my Valentine's pressie is............................

Tickets to the Top Gear studios in Surrey to be in the audience for Top Gear USA!! :spin: :hyper: :spin:
I don't think it's being shown on the BBC 2 but one of the other channels (possibly the Discovery channel)

well isn't he a hero :tu:

- and the less, the more, for me :naughty: :)

Chimaera
07-02-2005, 23:35
well isn't he a hero :tu:

- and the less, the more, for me :naughty: :)
Yeah but I can't go looking like an Essex Chav in my bingo top, can I?? I've been warned that Burberry and Elizabeth Duke bling is out! :rofl:

Halcyon
07-02-2005, 23:36
Make sure you wave at the camera and let everyone see you. :)

Chimaera
07-02-2005, 23:37
Make sure you wave at the camera and let everyone see you. :)
Yeah - should I carry a Cable Forum banner too? :D

homealone
07-02-2005, 23:55
Yeah - should I carry a Cable Forum banner too? :D

there was a Scottish lady had a few ideas about advertising, recently, that may go with the bingo top ;)

kronas
08-02-2005, 01:14
there was a Scottish lady had a few ideas about advertising, recently, that may go with the bingo top ;)

:drool: at chim doing that :p: ;)

Thank you Paul! :hugs: :D

have fun! and dont drool over jeremy clarkson too much (leave that for the cars) :D

i never said i wanted to be a monopoly, i stated my case, then join the league of bitterness! :p: :D

Paul K
08-02-2005, 14:38

Well it only took 12 months of trying to actually get tickets ;) That and 2 hours constantly ringing the number :( to confirm we received the email and are going (I swear they only have one person answering the phones at applausestore) but we are officially confirmed as being invited to be part of the studio audience for the recording of an edition of Top Gear USA, keep your eyes peeled for the dark haired essex girl trying to disrobe Richard Hammond while a tall, slim gentleman tries to look interested :p:
Must remember to charge the camera batteries I suppose :erm:

Stuart
08-02-2005, 14:59
Well it only took 12 months of trying to actually get tickets ;) That and 2 hours constantly ringing the number :( to confirm we received the email and are going (I swear they only have one person answering the phones at applausestore) but we are officially confirmed as being invited to be part of the studio audience for the recording of an edition of Top Gear USA, keep your eyes peeled for the dark haired essex girl trying to disrobe Richard Hammond while a tall, slim gentleman tries to look interested :p:

Just to warn you guys. When I went to see Two pints of lager being filmed at Television centre, my friends and I had to pass through an airport style security check (our bags were xrayed and we had to go through a metal detector).

Don't know if they'll be doing the same in other studios though.

Paul K
08-02-2005, 15:34

Just to warn you guys. When I went to see Two pints of lager being filmed at Television centre, my friends and I had to pass through an airport style security check (our bags were xrayed and we had to go through a metal detector).

Don't know if they'll be doing the same in other studios though.
Since Clarkson is involved they will probably check for hair clippers ;) I heard that anyone sporting badly fitting denim and a perm are let through as a courtesy :naughty:

gimpymoo
09-02-2005, 00:39
Our first V. Day as a married couple..

Am taking her to see "Chicago" at the theatre (Ive never been to the theatre before, is it full of posh snobs) followed by a meal... probably a sri lankan restaurant which is where we got married... Not the restaurant, but the country. Very nice people, totally undeserving of whats happened to them recently.

Tezcatlipoca
09-02-2005, 00:48
i never said i wanted to be a monopoly, i stated my case, then join the league of bitterness! :p: :D

LOL...The League of Bitterness!

Sounds kind of like a superhero team. Heh, don't have any special powers though (well, apart from wallowing in self-pity, & the ability to see the bad in every situation)

(Ive never been to the theatre before, is it full of posh snobs)

I've been a couple of times...last thing I saw was "MacBeth", with Sean Bean & Samantha Bond (couple of years ago now I think). Very good, & not full of posh snobs.

punky
09-02-2005, 01:14
Our first V. Day as a married couple..

Am taking her to see "Chicago" at the theatre (Ive never been to the theatre before, is it full of posh snobs)

I went to see The Mousetrap a while ago. If you have me in the audience you certainly can't say it is full of snobs :) I can't remember any snobs really, it was nice not having a dress code too. Certainly at Chicago, it has more mass appeal, so it would get a wider range of audience. I think most plays wouldn't now as the tendency is to move from the traditional to the contemporary.

Halcyon
09-02-2005, 02:24
I havent been to the theatre in years now.
It certianly is a different more involving experience and I should go more often as there are some great pieces to see.
I hope your valentines day turns out well.
Have fun.

kronas
09-02-2005, 21:56
if like me, you want to say it anonymously, or want to give hints to your valentine try this:

http://valentines.o2.co.uk/love.php

link the words and cause mayhem :D

Russ
10-02-2005, 11:01
Would this help anyone?

Mr_love_monkey
10-02-2005, 11:03
Dunno... looks a bit too flashy to me :)

Paul K
10-02-2005, 11:03
Would this help anyone?
Depends who you are sending it to Russ, I'm sure that someone out there loves you... apart from Kronas and your daughter that is :p:

Ramrod
10-02-2005, 11:06
The Mousetrap was absalute cr*p imo.......

..........I'm thinking of getting mandy a Black and Decker sander :D

Stuart
10-02-2005, 11:12
Would this help anyone?

Or just do it yourself..

Mr_love_monkey
10-02-2005, 11:19
Or just do it yourself..
Send that to someone and you will be doing it yourself, for a very long time :)

Russ
10-02-2005, 11:21
Or just do it yourself..

I like that!!! Can you get a printable version??? :D

Stuart
10-02-2005, 16:03
I like that!!! Can you get a printable version??? :D

Sadly, that's the only one I have.. BTW, I didn't create it, I downloaded it..

Ramrod
13-02-2005, 21:19
Well, I'm going for the boring option (drew a blank on other ideas) and am having a dozen red roses delivered to her............ :shrug:

How much do interflora want for that? :Yikes: