PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC access to NTL BB STB

barefootdj
02-02-2005, 01:01
Hi All,

A newbie but not necessarily computing wise...

Had NTL for three years and currently have an iBook and Airport Extreme set up.

Just bought a t-Mobile MDA III which has wi-fi and Windows Mobile 2003 packaged.

I cannot access the Internet via the STB despite seeing the router and testing wi-fi elsewhere (works like a dream at work and in and around Manchester).. even managed to pick up my neighbours wifi when I was at my parents in Preston at the weekend..

So does anyone know a workaround or a method of getting my Pocket PC to connect to the STB? Any help is much appreciated...

hairy_mick
02-02-2005, 07:47
hi and wellcome to nthellworld have you got wep enabled on your router if you can access other wifi points then it must be off on your pocket pc but maybe turned on your router.

Aragorn
02-02-2005, 09:00
Hi,

The PDA will not be connecting to the STB directly but to the Wireless router (Airport extreme).

Does your PDA pick up any wireless info at home? If not have you hidden the SSID or as Mick said have you got a Wep key set?

Reading the Apple page it looks like the extreme supports WPA security. Have you got this enabled, because your PDA may not support it.

HTH

Neil
02-02-2005, 09:13
Have you added the MAC address of the PDA's WI-FI card to the "allowed" section of your router?

:welcome: to the site BTW. :)

barefootdj
02-02-2005, 10:33
Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me.. I'll try a few of those things and see whether it makes a difference or not..

Will let you know if the above works or not..